Started by Tank, March 22, 2011, 05:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

A. A favourite - Sway - The Rolling Stones

Q. 2111, will it be a good year?

Tank

Q. 2111, will it be a good year?

A. No personal opinion I'll be dead.

Q. What one book would take to a desert island?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on May 23, 2011, 04:21:26 PM

A. Tim Winton Dirt Music.

Q. Is you a better you than ten years ago you.

thedport

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 23, 2011, 05:29:44 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 23, 2011, 04:21:26 PM

A. Tim Winton Dirt Music.

Q. Is you a better you than ten years ago you.

A. Well depending on how you mean it could be so many different answers. One, no, due to the aging process I am not nearly as good now as I was ten years ago, I am ten years closer to death. Intelegence or understanding of philosophy, yes, I have a much better grasp of ideas than I did ten years ago. As a whole person, yes, my expierances have made me a much more calm, and understanding person, and my patience has grown a lot. So yes over all I am a mush better person.

Q. Do you feel that you are a sum of your actions, and all of the actions of those that have been? Or do you feel free from the influences of others, and independant from the mass populas? And Why, or why not?
"An honest person can never surrender an honest doubt. Who doubts nothing knows nothing. The wise are prone to doubt."-The good book;Proverbs;Chapter 55

slapdashartist

Quote from: thedport on May 23, 2011, 06:49:13 PM
Q. Do you feel that you are a sum of your actions, and all of the actions of those that have been? Or do you feel free from the influences of others, and independant from the mass populas? And Why, or why not?

A: I believe that everyone is interconnected to some degree. But it depends on the severity of the action. For example, if I hit myself in the face right now, it won't have any effect on anyone except myself. I doubt anyone in the future will be effected by it. But if I go out and kill someone, I will likely change the lives of anyone that person knows or had a chance to know in the future. I am the sum of the actions of those before me, because those actions are what lead to my existence. Had the actions of others been different, perhaps situations would have changed and I would have never been conceived. It sort of goes with the butterfly effect I guess. But I might be misunderstanding your question, so I'll go ahead and copy and paste that as my question and see another point of view...

"Q. Do you feel that you are a sum of your actions, and all of the actions of those that have been? Or do you feel free from the influences of others, and independant from the mass populas? And Why, or why not?"
"And a moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection." -Fight Club, by Chuck Palahniuk

The Black Jester

Quote from: slapdashartist on May 23, 2011, 09:37:38 PM
...But I might be misunderstanding your question, so I'll go ahead and copy and paste that as my question and see another point of view...

"Q. Do you feel that you are a sum of your actions, and all of the actions of those that have been? Or do you feel free from the influences of others, and independant from the mass populas? And Why, or why not?"

A person is more than the sum total of their behaviors, whether influenced by others or not.  Even if a person were a mere summation of their past and present actions, those actions (even if you don't believe in free will) are influenced by more than that person's environment.  Biology is relevant as well.

Does the word "Spirit" have any meaning for you, and if so, what does it mean?
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

Too Few Lions

A: Yes, a liquid made by distillation, particularly the strong alcoholic variety!

Q: If you had to worship any god or goddess (hypothetical question, humour me!) which would you choose, and why?

slapdashartist

Quote from: Too Few Lions on May 24, 2011, 05:06:08 PM
Q: If you had to worship any god or goddess (hypothetical question, humour me!) which would you choose, and why?

A: That's actually kind of a tough question. I'd say Buddha, but he wasn't actually a god, so I guess that wouldn't count. The god I have the most knowledge of would be Jehovah, (or Yahweh, I'm not sure which to really call him), but I most certainly wouldn't worship him, since I have a VERY low opinion of him. But I guess if I had to choose someone to worship, I'd probably go back to Greek mythology and go for Athena, since she is the goddess of wisdom and reason.

Q: If you could only choose one food to eat for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
"And a moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection." -Fight Club, by Chuck Palahniuk

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: slapdashartist on May 25, 2011, 04:31:49 AM
Q: If you could only choose one food to eat for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

A. Finally one I don't have to think to heavily about. I guess a juicy steak topped with shrimp, but I imagine I would get sick of it eventually. I could at least save some of the shrimp over a few days to mix it up.

Keeping with the same theme:

Q. If you were locked in solitary confinement and were forced to listen to one song continuously on repeat, which song would you choose and why?
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Asmodean

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on May 25, 2011, 04:48:24 AMQ. If you were locked in solitary confinement and were forced to listen to one song continuously on repeat, which song would you choose and why?

Bohemian Rhapsody because with the pace changes, it's pretty much several songs in one. Would take a bit longer to tire of.

Q: Sprite or 7Up?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Cecilie

Quote from: Asmodean on May 25, 2011, 07:21:01 AM
Bohemian Rhapsody because with the pace changes, it's pretty much several songs in one. Would take a bit longer to tire of.

It's so short though. I know I'd pick a much longer song.

QuoteQ: Sprite or 7Up?

A: That's an easy one. Sprite.

Q: If you could be really good at playing one instrument. What would it be?
The world's what you create.

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: Cecilie on May 25, 2011, 09:34:54 AM
Q: If you could be really good at playing one instrument. What would it be?

A. The violin get's the edge over the piano, but only slightly. There is something really beautiful about the violin.

Q. If you could travel back in time, with no way of returning to the present, would you do it? If so, what year and location would you travel to?
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Too Few Lions

A: So long as I could be born into a reasonably wealthy family, I'd have loved to have lived in ancient Rome, sometime in the first few centuries CE. I reckon I'd give that a go in the time machine, though it would mean I'd have died millennia ago!

Q: If you could visit any one building in the world, which would it be?

Tank

Q: If you could visit any one building in the world, which would it be?

A: Dolicia Grande (the real Area 51)

Q: You have absolute proof that intelligent life exists in outer space. They are a long way away and we could never interact with them due to the distances involved. Would there be any reason you would NOT reveal the proof you have?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Q: You have absolute proof that intelligent life exists in outer space. They are a long way away and we could never interact with them due to the distances involved. Would there be any reason you would NOT reveal the proof you have?

Ummmm, no.
Maybe if I was smoking a lot and some how reached a state where The Divinci Code made sense.
Self flagellating Albino Vatican hit squads, they'd give me cause to pause.

Q.  Q. If you could travel back in time, with no way of returning to the present, would you do it? If so, what year and location would you travel to?