Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

The God Who Wasn't There

Started by Asmodean Prime, March 05, 2007, 04:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean Prime

[align=center]The God Who Wasn't There (2005) DVDRip XviD

[/align]

Bowling for Columbine did it to the gun culture.

Super Size Me did it to fast food.

Now The God Who Wasn't There does it to religion.

Holding modern Christianity up to a bright spotlight, this bold and often hilarious new film asks the questions few dare to ask.

Your guide through the world of Christendom is former fundamentalist Brian Flemming, joined by such luminaries as Jesus Seminar fellow Robert M. Price, professor Richard Dawkins, author Sam Harris and historian Richard Carrier.

See the movie the Los Angeles Times calls "provocative - to put it mildly."

Hold on to your faith. It's in for a bumpy ride.

The movie that has been astounding audiences in theaters around the world is now available on a high-quality, feature-packed DVD.

In this provocative, critically acclaimed documentary, you will discover:

* The early founders of Christianity seem wholly unaware of the idea of a human Jesus

* The Jesus of the Gospels bears a striking resemblance to other ancient heroes and the figureheads of pagan savior cults

* Contemporary Christians are largely ignorant of the origins of their religion

* Fundamentalism is as strong today as it ever has been, with an alarming 44% of Americans believing Jesus will return to earth in their lifetimes

* And God simply isn't there

Dazzling motion graphics and a sweeping soundtrack propel this uncompromising and taboo-shattering documentary that Newsweek says "irreverently lays out the case that Jesus Christ never existed."

http://www.thegodmovie.com/

McQ

Thanks for the spam, dweeb.

Even though it's something on the right side of things, the spamming still sucked.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

Quote from: "McQ"Thanks for the spam, dweeb.

Even though it's something on the right side of things, the spamming still sucked.

Yup, spam is spam.

6.45...are you a representative of the Rational Response Squad?  If not you don't have the rights to be providing their video for free...the last I heard they weren't just giving it away as a download.  Get back with me asap on if you have the rights to distribute the video; preferably having someone from the RRS e-mail me...otherwise I'm removing your post; we already have references to the video elsewhere on this site.

ScourgeO'God

That 'movie' is funny and somewhat insightfull... but so poorly produced and highly biased that it makes itself almost worthless.  The filmmaker (and I'm being generous in calling him that) expresses such total glee in his own views that it devalues all of his opinions.  It could never convince anyone of anything or even shake someone's faith.  It's essentially by atheists for atheists.  I was seriously disappointed.

joeactor

Yeah, I saw it.  It does have some good information and interviews, but the filmmaker is so biased, he colors the entire production.

An unbiased documentary would have been much more welcome.

Oh, and in the words of Monty Python:

Spam, spam, spam, spam...
Spam, spam, spam, spam...
Wonderful spam!
Marvelous spam!

JoeActor

Whitney

I completely forgot about this thread and never heard back from the OP...should I remove the download links?

Squid

I'd go ahead and take 'em down.  If it's legit, then it's not hard for them to repost the links.

brainshmain

I haven't clicked the links, but how is this spam if the movie is relevant to the forum?  Just curious.

McQ

Quote from: "brainshmain"I haven't clicked the links, but how is this spam if the movie is relevant to the forum?  Just curious.

Unsolicited, bulk messages, with auto links to other sites for the purpose of soliciting hits, buying, etc....unneeded messages, usually posted by bots are spam. In this case, the "new member" just came in to post the message and leave. He/she/it did the same in other forums, hence...spam.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

brainshmain

Ah, ok.