Happy Atheist Forum

Afghanistan

billy rubin

• humble azpirant to the throne3 of typos
  • i actually do not know what L√¶tusAtheos means
Re: Afghanistan
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2021, 04:30:31 PM »
we have a very narrow window.

the taliban are still stewing about, surprised that they conquored afghanistan like this and trying to figureout what to do with it.

i support biden getting our military out, but i think it is more important to get the afghani interpreters, drivers, clerks, housemaids, and gardeners out before we leave.

when my sister lived in islamabad, her household had a cook, a house keeper, two drivers, a gardener, and two armed guards. seven people who worked for her household. it was expected that the foreigners would employ pakistanis as part of their responsibilities as wealthy diplomats in the country.

afghanistan is no differentt, and all these ordinary people are now at risk as collaborators. we need to get them out.

my county has a population density of 123 people per square mile. they can come here.

biden is on international notice now. if he suspends the ithdrawal deadline and concentrates on getting the peopl ein kabul and those still in-country out of afghanistan, he can neutralize the fallout for leaving afghanistan to the afghans. but he has to do better at getting them out. that means cranking up the evacuation while the taliban are still preoccupied with figuring out how the telephones work.

Born without a brain, doctors look inside six years later and are amazed at what they find!

Icarus

• The wise one.
Re: Afghanistan
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2021, 06:48:40 AM »
And there is the Brain Drain that is happening right now.  The intelligent and/or educated people are clamoring to get the hell out of Their country. 

The Taliban may very well subjugate the women, some of which are valuable assets to the orderly existence of their society. Sharia law, as the Taliban interpret it, is a recipe for continued mediocrity. Allah has cast a plague upon them..........and the Talibs do not appear to know it.