News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Random Thoughts

Started by jumbojak, March 04, 2019, 03:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

So I have this residual cough and went to the doctor yesterday at the insistence of my mother. I feel almost normal again but she doesn't believe me. Turns out I don't need antibiotics according to the doc, just 5 days of cough syrup and I need to get a flu shot when I'm well, but if my mother had her way I'd be in a freakin' bubble all day and night with all sorts of medications being pumped into my vein. ::) 

She even thinks I'm downplaying my terminal illness just to not be prescribed anything, and got mad at me for not coming back with antibiotics.  ::)

WTF?!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Your Mom cares for you Silver.  That's what Moms do.  ....You can tell her that this old fool said so because he knows a little bit about those things

Recusant

Good to hear that your doctor knows better than to prescribe antibiotics for what was likely a viral infection that you've mostly recovered from.  :smilenod:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on April 17, 2019, 06:04:18 AM
Good to hear that your doctor knows better than to prescribe antibiotics for what was likely a viral infection that you've mostly recovered from.  :smilenod:

Seconded.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on April 17, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
Your Mom cares for you Silver.  That's what Moms do.  ....You can tell her that this old fool said so because he knows a little bit about those things

I know, but it can get a little annoying at times.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on April 17, 2019, 06:25:42 AM

Seconded.

:thumbsup:

When I was a kid I was given loads of antibiotics for every little thing, but that was before the superbug scare.

Dark Lightning

I've heard it called the "tyranny of affection".

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 19, 2019, 02:45:50 PM

I've heard it called the "tyranny of affection".

That's a good one. :lol: I will never use it in front of my mother, though! ;D

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Bad Penny II

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 20, 2019, 02:37:21 PM

How did you get a picture of me and green?
Have you taken over control of my our webcam?
We don't have a webcam.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 20, 2019, 03:03:08 PM
How did you get a picture of me and green?
Have you taken over control of my webcam?
We don't have a webcam.

Googly eye technologyTM, of course!

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Bet you never thought of that, hmmm?

xSilverPhinx

What would 'holy venom' look like?  :???: