News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Workshop and fixit stuff

Started by Dave, July 10, 2017, 07:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on July 28, 2020, 05:18:42 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on July 28, 2020, 04:01:34 AM
On that note, there is no way that I would have the vision to make a painting like your "Opera".

:lol:  DL, I think you are confusing Icarus with me, which is understandable, since we both have wings — mine are on my feet and helmet, whereas Icarus has homemade ones of feathers and wax on his arms.

Hmmmm? I think he means your painting.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on July 28, 2020, 08:30:15 AM
On that note, there is no way that I would have the vision to make a painting like your "Opera".

:lol:  DL, I think you are confusing Icarus with me, which is understandable, since we both have wings — mine are on my feet and helmet, whereas Icarus has homemade ones of feathers and wax on his arms.

Hmmmm? I think he means your painting.

Perhaps I'm confused — I though he was addressing Icarus!
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

:-[ Sorry, I woke up at 3:30 yesterday to pee and couldn't go back to sleep. I claim industrial-grade fatigue.

hermes2015

Quote from: Dark Lightning on July 28, 2020, 02:10:25 PM

:-[ Sorry, I woke up at 3:30 yesterday to pee and couldn't go back to sleep. I claim industrial-grade fatigue.

:thumbsup2:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

jeez you people show me up as a peasant

my abilities at woodworking are rudimentary, table saw and air staplers mostly does it for me.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on July 28, 2020, 05:19:38 PM
jeez you people show me up as a peasant

my abilities at woodworking are rudimentary, table saw and air staplers mostly does it for me.

But I think you're the only record holder on here :)
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Made a mount for my belt sander, clamped down while in use. :)

Dark Lightning

Nice! Is that 40 grit paper on there?

hermes2015

That will be useful, Tank. Don't you find the days are too short after retirement?
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

I've gotten to be quite the slacker finally, mostly because the arthritis in my feet cuts into my work day. I talked to my family doctor yesterday and it appears that elective surgery may be back in operation (so to speak) and I may be able to get my left foot worked on again, hopefully with better effect. I am working on putting white PVC lattice on top of the pergola in our back yard. It makes interesting grid patterns on the wood. I'll take a picture tomorrow, aimed towards the sky. I can take about an hour on my feet and then have to take a break. My butt is starting to hurt from all the sitting. Can't sit or stand for extended periods. :( I guess it's time to go lie down and go to sleep.  ;D

hermes2015

Quote from: Dark Lightning on August 05, 2020, 04:23:57 AM
I've gotten to be quite the slacker finally, mostly because the arthritis in my feet cuts into my work day. I talked to my family doctor yesterday and it appears that elective surgery may be back in operation (so to speak) and I may be able to get my left foot worked on again, hopefully with better effect. I am working on putting white PVC lattice on top of the pergola in our back yard. It makes interesting grid patterns on the wood. I'll take a picture tomorrow, aimed towards the sky. I can take about an hour on my feet and then have to take a break. My butt is starting to hurt from all the sitting. Can't sit or stand for extended periods. :( I guess it's time to go lie down and go to sleep.  ;D

I can just imagine how frustrating your situation is, because I suffered similarly with my left hip before I had the successful replacement.
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on August 04, 2020, 09:45:13 PM
Nice! Is that 40 grit paper on there?

Yes that is 40grit. I also have 80 and 120.

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 05, 2020, 03:56:26 AM
That will be useful, Tank. Don't you find the days are too short after retirement?

Yes! It's daft that I don't have enough hours in the day to do nothing!   ;D

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on August 05, 2020, 04:23:57 AM

You'll have to buy a blow up bed to take with you to lay down on whenever you need to :grin:

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on August 05, 2020, 08:33:30 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on August 05, 2020, 03:56:26 AM

Yes! It's daft that I don't have enough hours in the day to do nothing!   ;D

Well, you probably deserve a good rest much more than I do. I must be honest and say I was never the hardest-working person.
― Charles Eames