News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

LET THE TRUMPETS BLARE!

Started by jumbojak, December 18, 2014, 03:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Let the drum roll BEGIN! For you entertainment and amazement I present to you...... the next Green Party candidate for MP in Yorkshire England: Our very own lion tamer! That's right folks, my lady is running for parliament. ;D

Now that theatrics are out of the way, I'll be expecting campaign contributions from all our British members.....

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Crow

Retired member.

Claireliontamer

Thanks Crow!!!!!

To clarify...I'm not yet standing as an MP, I've just been nominated;  have to wait and see if anyone contests it first.  I think JJ is a little excited.........

Biggus Dickus

Wow I think that's fantastic Claire, simply wonderful news, if I could vote for you I would, and tell OldGit to make a contribution to your campaign in my name (I'm good for it ;))

I wish you good luck, and try to contain yourself JJ ;D;

To think I know the future PM of England, wow!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

Congratulations on the nomination. Is it likely to be contested?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Tank on December 18, 2014, 05:00:35 PM
Congratulations on the nomination. Is it likely to be contested?

Not sure.  It's the first time in Leeds that we're aiming for a full slate of candidates so it's all pretty new.  We've had a 275% increase in members since the start of the year though so who knows who may come forward!

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Bruno on December 18, 2014, 04:46:56 PM
Wow I think that's fantastic Claire, simply wonderful news, if I could vote for you I would, and tell OldGit to make a contribution to your campaign in my name (I'm good for it ;))

I wish you good luck, and try to contain yourself JJ ;D;

To think I know the future PM of England, wow!

Thanks Bruno, it's quite exciting just to get nominated, as for PM well who knows ;)

xSilverPhinx

That's so cool! ;D  Congrats on the nomination, Claire!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

I hope that everything works out for the best for you, Claire.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

Wow! I am impressed and certainly proud that Claire has even been mentioned for the office of MP.

It is sad to say that she will almost surely need to stay in the closet.......unless I read the Brit electorate incorrectly.

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on December 19, 2014, 04:50:42 AM
Wow! I am impressed and certainly proud that Claire has even been mentioned for the office of MP.

It is sad to say that she will almost surely need to stay in the closet.......unless I read the Brit electorate incorrectly.
If you mean that she'll have to not proclaim her atheism then you may have read the situation incorrectly. A politician's theistic/atheistic stance is rarely mentioned over here. The exception being those attempting to gain a foothold in a theistic community. Unfortunately should Claire get to be an MP it won't be her theistic inclination, gender or politics that the 'Red Top' papers will pick on her for, it'll be her height  :(
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Tank on December 19, 2014, 02:37:26 PM

If you mean that she'll have to not proclaim her atheism then you may have read the situation incorrectly. A politician's theistic/atheistic stance is rarely mentioned over here. The exception being those attempting to gain a foothold in a theistic community. Unfortunately should Claire get to be an MP it won't be her theistic inclination, gender or politics that the 'Red Top' papers will pick on her for, it'll be her height  :(

Why should the fact I'm shorter than average even be an issue? If that's the only 'dirt' they dig on me I'll be relieved!!!!

Tank

Quote from: Claireliontamer on December 19, 2014, 05:59:16 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 19, 2014, 02:37:26 PM

Why should the fact I'm shorter than average even be an issue? If that's the only 'dirt' they dig on me I'll be relieved!!!!
It won't be an issue for anybody that matters. It shouldn't matter to anybody. Do you have any other dirt to dig up  :D

Crow

Quote from: Tank on December 19, 2014, 06:18:47 PM
Do you have any other dirt to dig up  :D

If she doesn't they will make it up. But just from the stuff CLT has posted on here over the last few years is more than enough to start the spin machines churning, if I didn't like the CLT I'd give you an example of how to turn normal harmless stuff into bile filled nastiness.
Retired member.

Tank