News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Sex (Yet another split topic)

Started by Court, July 26, 2006, 09:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

So God doesn't like you being attracted to women? How do you find a mate this day and age?
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

iplaw

Quote from: "Jassman"The current values of the majority of people. My morals are not based on Christianity yet I still share many of the same opinions regarding murder, theft, etc... Remember, most of our countries were not founded on Christian law. How many of the 10 Commandments are actually illegal in the UK?
This argument actually tends to prove the existence of a transcendent moral ethic.

Court

Quote from: "iplaw"
QuoteIt's simply the christian morality further controlling the masses by making them feel guilty for things they either cannot control (such as thoughts)
For the LAST TIME christianity does not consider INITIAL THOUGHTS as sinful anywhere in scripture, only one's which are DWELT UPON or MEDITATED UPON.  I can't believe this distinction is that hard to grasp.  There is a huge difference between having a thought and pondering the thought.  Having the thought may or may not be controllable.  Pondering or meditating on that thought is ENTIRELY within our control.

I do get it, iplaw. I do. Chill. The distinction isn't hard to grasp.
I wonder that you have such a control over your mind. Have you never had a hard time NOT thinking about something? Geez, sometimes if I decide not to think about something, it merely lingers in my mind longer. Sometimes I think it's healthier to dwell on things I can't act out physically, anyway, because it gets it "out of my system," so to speak. Perhaps dwelling on immoral thoughts is what keeps me from doing immoral things. I disagree that pondering on thoughts is ENTIRELY in our control. Although you can deliberately meditate on a thought, I have certainly in my life undeliberately done so.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: "Big Mac"I can't believe you're a lawyer, must be one of those infomercial ones that wear a cowboy hat. In fact, you're nickname from me will be Tex. Is that alright, Tex? No? I'm not losing sleep over it.

Bigmac, I think you got me confused with somebody else, buddy. I am not a lawyer, I am a shopfitter.   I open new stores, Asda (walmart), B and Q, Focus, Tesco, etc, and close them when necessary, doing all the work that this includes.  Hence my earlier post depicting my suspicion of the RFID chip, which is being implimented in the commercial sector more and more, as I know from first hand experience.

Jassman

He was obviously talking to iplaw, not you.
2006 was a long time ago... I returned to Christianity in March 2024 after 19 years away. I hope and pray that His love and mercy finds you too.

Asmodean Prime

ooops, sorry!

Big Mac

I'm a cobbler, though I don't have any cobbles to cobble with. Hahaha.

Asmodean Prime

I think you're cobbled already, Bigmac

Asmodean Prime

Bigmac, is the picture you display, your avatar, a picture of yourself?

If not, why not?

And why are there no pictures in your gallery?

iplaw

QuoteI do get it, iplaw. I do. Chill. The distinction isn't hard to grasp.
If the distinction wasn't hard to grasp people wouldn't be making the same statements and arguments over and over and over again.  Maybe the point is just being ignored for the sake of making an expedient argument but whatever the case the distinction between the two keeps being ignored.

QuoteI wonder that you have such a control over your mind. Have you never had a hard time NOT thinking about something? Geez, sometimes if I decide not to think about something, it merely lingers in my mind longer.
According to scripture this why we discipline the mind so that we learn to control our thoughts and not the other way around.

QuoteSometimes I think it's healthier to dwell on things I can't act out physically, anyway, because it gets it "out of my system," so to speak. Perhaps dwelling on immoral thoughts is what keeps me from doing immoral things.
You can't possibly argue that dwelling on a thought makes you less likely to comitt the act dwelt upon, it's not even logical.

Big Mac

Quote from: "onlyme"Bigmac, is the picture you display, your avatar, a picture of yourself?

If not, why not?

And why are there no pictures in your gallery?

Dude, that is Johnny Cash. You should go shooot yourself for not knowing this. CASH IS GOD! Nothing like lighting up a joint and listening to a Boy Named Sue or Ring of Fire or Hurt and just laughing at the teletubbies. And I don't like people seeing my face, that way when the Fed's start asking questions you have no idea what I look like.

Huxley

QuoteNo, I'm saying that, generally, what people tend to masturbate, or fantasise over, they tend to translate into real life. For example, raping women, or paedophilia, or whatever.

That's the funniest thing I've read in ages; thank you.

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: "Big Mac"So God doesn't like you being attracted to women? How do you find a mate this day and age?

Aw, comon, Bigmac, you're better than that.  God doesn't exclude attraction to the opposite sex,-  just 'dwelling, and acting upon' members of the opposite sex which are forbidden to us, i.e, our neighbours wife.

don't agree that that's good?  Well, it depends on what side of the fence you currently sit, in my opinion.  If you're a young, free, unmarried independant, lusting after someone's wife is not such a big thing, but if you're married (even if you're not married, but with a girlfriend) would you not find it offensive if someone was 'looking at' your 'woman'- whether it be a wife (and often the mother of your children ) or your girlfriend?

Come on, we are all wont to defend what we see as 'our territory'!

Big Mac

Hey they can look all they want, I go home and to bed with her. I'm not a big jealousy type. Though Christians and Muslims are all about their rep and shit. Of course who are the ones who believed the world is flat and that the world is the center of the universe? I don't think it was us....it was you guys.

Jassman

Quote from: "onlyme"but if you're married (even if you're not married, but with a girlfriend) would you not find it offensive if someone was 'looking at' your 'woman'- whether it be a wife (and often the mother of your children ) or your girlfriend?

There are directions that we shouldn't be allowed to look? Have fun at the airport, buddy. You look at your feet. I'm going to be looking at my fellow humans.
2006 was a long time ago... I returned to Christianity in March 2024 after 19 years away. I hope and pray that His love and mercy finds you too.