News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

7 days...simply not 7 consecutive 24 hour periods of time.

Started by AnimatedDirt, January 13, 2012, 08:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yepimonfire

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on January 18, 2012, 06:42:54 PM
Quote from: Heisenberg on January 18, 2012, 06:22:09 PM
I'm surprised no one has asked why it took this omnipotent being 6 whole days to create the universe. Unless this being had recently come into existence, it should have been planning our existence for quite a while. Creation should have been instantaneous, no? And why in FSM's name would it require a 7th day to rest?

Excellent question.  There is an excellent answer.  Of course the deluded answer may be found in that piece of fiction.  So if you really are curious, it is there for the finding.

Quote from: Ali on January 18, 2012, 06:28:48 PM
C'mon Heisenberg.  Everybody likes a lazy Sunday.

Sunday? 

if i remember correctly it was to set an example for us to follow regarding the sabbath

btw the sabbath is actually saturday

AnimatedDirt

yepimonfire

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on January 26, 2012, 03:54:51 PM
Quote from: yepimonfire on January 26, 2012, 11:26:01 AM

Oh?  :)

yes, (not sure if you are being serious or not so i'll assume so.) the jewish calender places it on friday at sundown, to saturday at sundown. also a jewish DAY is sundown to sundown. "and there was evening, and morning". it was changed to sunday by the catholic church quite a long time ago.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: yepimonfire on January 26, 2012, 05:47:20 PM

yes, (not sure if you are being serious or not so i'll assume so.) the jewish calender places it on friday at sundown, to saturday at sundown. also a jewish DAY is sundown to sundown. "and there was evening, and morning". it was changed to sunday by the catholic church quite a long time ago.

This is the reason mankind has so many problems - God created us on Friday afternoon right before he knocked off for the weekend.  Any manufacturer can tell you that goods made on Friday pm have lower quality.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: yepimonfire on January 26, 2012, 05:47:20 PM

I was being facetious.  Apologies.  You're preaching to the choir here.