News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Pathetic and/or funny way to die.

Started by Genericguy, June 06, 2012, 09:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genericguy

I just remembered a conversation i had with my brother a long time ago. I was writing a story and we were trying to find an incredibly pathetic and/or funny way to kill the main character. I have abandoned this story a long time ago, but I thought it would be fun to hear some ideas. The two I can remember are...

1. While running, he trips on his shoelaces.

2. A "Segway" accident. (yes the motorized personal vehicle)

Crow

Having a heart attack for straining too hard whilst on the toilet.
Being electrocuted by an alarm clock whilst being woken up by it.
Retired member.

OldGit

Sexual perversion involving a vacuum cleaner goes horribly wrong.

xSilverPhinx

Any version of being scared to death, especially when there's no actual threat. Such as someone really concentrated on their work, only to be deathly surprised by someone or something.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

En_Route

Quote from: OldGit on June 06, 2012, 02:10:43 PM
Sexual perversion involving a vacuum cleaner goes horribly wrong.

That would really suck.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

OldGit

Genericguy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 06, 2012, 03:23:20 PM
Any version of being scared to death, especially when there's no actual threat. Such as someone really concentrated on their work, only to be deathly surprised by someone or something.

I LOVE how Donnie dies in the big lebowski.

Beachdragon

There's this TV show in the states called 1000 ways to die.

One episode there was this woman who bought a large carrot at the grocery store.  Later, she got romantic with it, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, the carrot skin scratched the inside of her vagina and she ended up with an embolism from it and died on the spot.

Imagine being the one to discover her?

Ali

Firebird

But this is true: some guy named Jimi Heselden once died by riding his Segway off a cliff. He was mourned by all, including the employees of the company he had recently bought....

Segway
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Tank

Quote from: Firebird on June 08, 2012, 09:34:45 PM
But this is true: some guy named Jimi Heselden once died by riding his Segway off a cliff. He was mourned by all, including the employees of the company he had recently bought....

Segway
That was just up the road from here.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Any form of Darwin Award worthy death is funny and ridiculously pathetic. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 09, 2012, 03:34:05 PM

Did you see the one where the old guy in the wheelchair kept slamming it into an elevator because it would't open and ended up falling down an elevator shaft and dying?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 09, 2012, 05:00:09 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 09, 2012, 03:34:05 PM

Did you see the one where the old guy in the wheelchair kept slamming it into an elevator because it would't open and ended up falling down an elevator shaft and dying.
Yes. It's horrific!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

Dude in Poland made his money stealing scrap steel. He found an abandoned warehouse and figured he could make good money off the elevator cables. So he breaks in, runs the elevator all the way down, and starts at the cables with an angle grinder. When the first cable breaks it flies off into the darkness, and he starts on another cable. However the sound of his angle grinder is now masking the sound of the two ton counterweight he just cut loose, which is now making its way to the bottom of the shaft at near-terminal velocity.

Zoom.....

Crash!

Splat!

Most stupid way to die I ever heard of.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-