News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Recent posts

Laid Back Lounge / Re: What's on your mind today?
Last post by Tank - Today at 05:56:31 PM
Thank you :)
Last post by Recusant - Today at 05:11:32 PM
Splendid to hear, Tank.  I noticed that you were looking pretty trim in the photo you posted recently.  :thumb:
Last post by Tank - Today at 04:45:59 PM
Thank you :)
Quote from: Tank on May 16, 2024, 05:27:38 PMSince I got my glucose sensor I have lost 25lbs and can now walk 6.5 km a day without any adverse side effects. I'm fitter than I have been for years. I was on a dose of 50 units of insulin a day and my blood glucose was up and down like a roller coaster. I can now keep in range on as low as 10 units a day, normally 10 to 20.

:party:
Science / Re: James Webb Space Telescope...
Last post by Tank - Today at 11:19:16 AM
This is a recent picture of Neptune, its ring system, local moons and major moon, Titan, taken by the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST).

Titan is the second largest moon in the solar system, Ganymede being the largest. Our Moon it the 5th largest. Titan's image is distorted because the exposure was set for  Neptune resulting in Titan being over exposed as it is essentially a ball of ice and thus white.

Laid Back Lounge / Re: Reasons to be cheerful!
Last post by Tank - Today at 10:41:47 AM
I did a bit of curiosity maths this morning. Over the last 15 weeks, since I started doing serious daily walking, I have averaged 10,485 steps per day. Multiply this by 7 and 15 works out at 1,100,925 not bad for an olt fart! That equates to 682.5km (427 miles).

Laid Back Lounge / Re: Reasons to be cheerful!
Last post by Tank - May 16, 2024, 05:39:58 PM
Spring flowers thick with bees!
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Should we talk about the w...
Last post by Tank - May 16, 2024, 05:29:24 PM
Spring appears to have arrived at last. The last two weeks have totally changed the landscape out of all recognition.
Last post by Tank - May 16, 2024, 05:27:38 PM
Since I got my glucose sensor I have lost 25lbs and can now walk 6.5 km a day without any adverse side effects. I'm fitter than I have been for years. I was on a dose of 50 units of insulin a day and my blood glucose was up and down like a roller coaster. I can now keep in range on as low as 10 units a day, normally 10 to 20.
Politics / Re: Political picture dump
Last post by Tank - May 16, 2024, 04:39:56 PM
True.