News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

My show

Started by cgmccall, April 08, 2012, 08:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgmccall

Hello there, my fellow happy atheists.
I recently earned my 10th post honorary HAF badge, and that makes me happy indeed. But...you know what would make me even happier? If you all went and watched my little animated YouTube show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuXrhN8f-Rs

It's called Puppet Opinions. I've done three episodes so far. For a while I was just doing it for fun, but now I'm working on a kickstarter.com proposal for it. What do you all think, could I make actual money doing this? The next episode will have better animation and jazz muzak.

Tank

Love it! Posted on fb already!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

McQ

Still seems to me like you're here simply to pimp the show. But since another mod has already allowed the post, I'll let it slide and hope you prove me wrong.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Crocoduck

I enjoy a good sects joke.  ;D
As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

cgmccall

Quote from: McQ on April 09, 2012, 03:32:03 AM
Still seems to me like you're here simply to pimp the show. But since another mod has already allowed the post, I'll let it slide and hope you prove me wrong.
I assure you: I may not be the chattiest guy in the world, but I'll be contributing for real, getting involved and discussing stuff.
Besides, the show IS me discussing things. Entertainment is my preferred language. Think of each episode as a post--write your opinions and we can talk more in depth about the stuff I animate.   :)

Tank

I'm hooked http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfUPTXYuGEo

Are you using a voice actor or is that you?

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Stevil

Great stuff
Mature, funny, balanced.

Love it!

McQ

Quote from: cgmccall on April 09, 2012, 04:04:28 AM
Quote from: McQ on April 09, 2012, 03:32:03 AM
I assure you: I may not be the chattiest guy in the world, but I'll be contributing for real, getting involved and discussing stuff.
Besides, the show IS me discussing things. Entertainment is my preferred language. Think of each episode as a post--write your opinions and we can talk more in depth about the stuff I animate.   :)

Ok, cool. Thanks for the assurance. I've yet to watch the clip, but will make it a point to look in on it. Seems like it's a hit with the other folks so far.

--Penn Jillette

cgmccall

Quote from: Tank on April 09, 2012, 08:54:43 AM

That's me. Just me, sitting in my room with a microphone in front of my computer. Director, Actor, Animator, everything.
Every now and then, I'll tell myself that I should try reading the line a different way, because the emotion just isn't coming across. Then I'll yell back that I'm too famous to be doing this crappy show and I storm off to my trailer.

Tank

Quote from: cgmccall on April 09, 2012, 06:52:22 PM

That's me. Just me, sitting in my room with a microphone in front of my computer. Director, Actor, Animator, everything.
Every now and then, I'll tell myself that I should try reading the line a different way, because the emotion just isn't coming across. Then I'll yell back that I'm too famous to be doing this crappy show and I storm off to my trailer.

One of our regular members joactor is a professional voice artist.

Truthseeker

Top shelf cgmccall.  Pithy, humorous and intelligent.  You have quite a talent.  Looking forward to more productions. 
Suffering is the breaking of the shell that encloses one's understanding.  Khalil Gibran

joeactor

Quote from: Tank on April 09, 2012, 07:02:46 PM
Quote from: cgmccall on April 09, 2012, 06:52:22 PM

One of our regular members joactor is a professional voice artist.

yeah... it's *my* job to storm off to the trailer!

(storms off to my trailer),
JoeActor

DeterminedJuliet

Gotta say! I also like it!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Amicale

I like it! Very creative!  :D

The disturbed looks on their faces made me smile.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

McQ

Just watched the video. Definitely a keeper. Very funny and great quality.
--Penn Jillette