News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Dutch 'flying car' takes to the skies

Started by Tank, April 04, 2012, 07:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

QuoteThe PAL-V is a gyrocopter that can fly as far as 500 kilometres (315 miles) at an altitude of up to 4,000 feet (1,200 metres).

When it lands, it tucks away its rotor-blades and turns into a road-legal three-wheeled vehicle with a range of 1,200 kilometres.

"In future, you will be able to drive from home to the airport, take off, land and then drive to your destination in one go," said Robert Dingemanse, chief executive of the company, also called PAL-V...

Video on the link!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

joeactor

Pretty cool, but I'd still want a Moller:

Seems like the main hurdle with these vehicles isn't technical, but getting the right laws and licenses to allow them in the air (not to mention piloting one...)

Sweetdeath

Quote from: joeactor on April 04, 2012, 08:22:20 PM
Pretty cool, but I'd still want a Moller:

Seems like the main hurdle with these vehicles isn't technical, but getting the right laws and licenses to allow them in the air (not to mention piloting one...)

I read an article about this car from like the early 90's.

People can bare drive right on land. I doubt we could do flying cars anytime.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Guardian85

Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 05, 2012, 06:24:27 PM
People can bare drive right on land. I doubt we could do flying cars anytime.
Most flying car concepts rely on some sort of auto-pilot system that coordinates itself with other nearby vehicles. You would for the most part just get off the ground and then progam your destination. The vehicle would then enter a designated air-corridor and fly to the destination area.

Quote from: Tank on April 04, 2012, 07:09:13 PM

QuoteThe PAL-V is a gyrocopter that can fly as far as 500 kilometres (315 miles) at an altitude of up to 4,000 feet (1,200 metres).

When it lands, it tucks away its rotor-blades and turns into a road-legal three-wheeled vehicle with a range of 1,200 kilometres.

"In future, you will be able to drive from home to the airport, take off, land and then drive to your destination in one go," said Robert Dingemanse, chief executive of the company, also called PAL-V...

Video on the link!
Hey! The dutch can apparently do more then gouda, ganja and hookers!  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Quote from: Guardian85 on April 05, 2012, 08:30:07 PM
Hey! The dutch can apparently do more then gouda, ganja and hookers!  ;D
They also make Spykers, which are nice, and those there things, whih are interesting, but... Well, look at it! Not even an Asmo could make that look good.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Ahh, I also heard the Dutch make good beer. My opinion fails because I don't like beer to.begin with. :)
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.