News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

I'm back!

Started by chris, March 28, 2012, 07:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris

Yeah, I was one of the originals when Whitney came up with this wild scheme to show a different view of atheists; the woman had foresight.  So many false impressions of what atheists are all about; strident, doctrinaire, condescending; there really is a place for this kind of forum.

I actually came here today, searching for a few posts I wrote about Afghanistan and Iraq back in 2006, that subsequently were lost in a non-backed-up hd failure, and started taking a look around.  I like what has happened here. :)

Anyway, I'm Chris.  I live in the Siskiyou Mountains in Oregon.  I semi-retired from business in 2005, and intended to pursue pro poker via the internet, after trial runs for a few years, with steady winnings.  Naturally, the government stepped in within months of my decision and made it much too dangerous for someone like me to take chances, so I gave up on poker (live action bores me to tears), and have found many other interests to pursue, other than working.  Go figure; I never did get the bug to actually work again.  :)

I finally found a few rooms on Paltalk that suited me; not all the time, but I have always had an aversion to ruts.  When interested in actual reasoned discussion, I frequent the Believer vs Atheist Debate Expanded room in the Christianity section.  It is mostly a nice mix of atheists and theists, where actual civil discussion is enforced by the mix of moderators from both persuasions; by far the most intelligent discussions on Paltalk. 

Anyway, enough for now.  I did find the posts I was looking for. :)  They all  have me as "anonymous", since I left the forum, tired of addressing attackers of my essays.  Looking back, I pretty much nailed it in my predictions, back in 06.

I'm much more mellow now.  Hah!  Ok, that is bs, but I have learned to not engage stupidity when it gets in my face; I just go on my merry way, searching and speaking truth, as best I can.

Tank

Hi Chris

Welcome back to HAF

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

Hi, and welcome back.  :)

Guardian85

Never heard of you, but welcome back anyways.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Traveler

Hello and welcome back. :)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Whitney

Hey there, welcome back.

xSilverPhinx

Hello and welcome back!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sweetdeath

Welcome back, Chris.

I've been here for a year (this May.)
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: chris on March 28, 2012, 07:56:24 PMI have learned to not engage stupidity when it gets in my face; I just go on my merry way,

I look forward to assisting you on your merry way.  :)

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Welcome back to the forum from a newbie. 
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins