News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

My Lord, I'm an Atheist

Started by arian (Banned), January 25, 2012, 07:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arian (Banned)

Hello everyone.

I'm new... here... so let me introduce myself
I was born into the so-called Christian religion, I learned to 'FEAR' God as a mean punisher who came in storms blowing wind and casting lightning bolts to kill me. Well, ... that is what I learned from observing my 'Christian' family.

I have since got to know GOD, and He showed me that todays Christianity is not very 'Christ-like', and its teaching is a perversion of the early Believing Church that followed in the footsteps of Christ.

I have also learned that the word 'Theism' was coined long before Christ ever showed up on the earth, and was for those that didn't want to worship the thousands of pagan gods at the time.

Theism is the belief in god, or gods, not necessarily the GOD of the Bible, another words, ... God could be Allah, which is not Bible-God since Allah cannot beget a son.

With this knowledge, I realized that since the God I know isn't ONE OF the God, god, or gods in theism, I must be an atheist, and yes, ... a Happy (Bible-God believing) Atheist. I hope I have found my place here on this 'Happy Atheist Forum'.

Thank you.
This member has been banned. So don't expect any answers to your questions or comments.

Tank

Hi arian

Not 100% sure I follow that, but I'm sure we'll work it out in due course  :D

Thanks for making the effort to sign up and join in.

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris

Notes for new members.
The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts.
Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum.
It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Some threads you might find interesting.
Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
Favorite Song, with video
How to tell your family you are an atheist.*

*You will need 10 posts before you can add a post to this thread, but you can read it at any time.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

arian (Banned)

Quote from: Tank on January 25, 2012, 07:29:28 PM
Hi arian

Not 100% sure I follow that, but I'm sure we'll work it out in due course  :D

Thanks for making the effort to sign up and join in.

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris

Notes for new members.
The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts.
Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum.
It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Some threads you might find interesting.
uestions like:
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
Favorite Song, with video
How to tell your family you are an atheist.*

*You will need 10 posts before you can add a post to this thread, but you can read it at any time.

Thank you Tank, and a pleasure to get to know you too.

May I ask if I will get an e-mail alert if someone responds to my posts?

Let me answer a few questions like; "Where did you get your username from?"

In around 325 AD 'Arian' was against the Trinity Doctrine and I believe he was not only ex-communicated from the 'church' for it but was killed too. I was actually called an 'Arian' by another poster on another Debate Forum some years ago because I am against the Trinity Doctrine, so I use it.
This member has been banned. So don't expect any answers to your questions or comments.

Tank

You have setting in your 'Profile' that you can set your notifications as you like. See top left ofthis screen for the 'Profile' tab.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

arian (Banned)

Quote from: Tank on January 25, 2012, 07:49:27 PM
You have setting in your 'Profile' that you can set your notifications as you like. See top left ofthis screen for the 'Profile' tab.

Sorry Tank, but the only choices I have are 'show online status, or show e-mail', I see no other options so far.
Thanks

Ali

I think you are operating under an incorrect definition of "atheist."  A "Bible-God Believing" Atheist is an oxymoron - kind of like a Steak-Hamburger Eating Vegetarian.  :D  Atheists don't just reject the tenents of organized religion, they reject the notion that any/all gods exist.  But I'm pleased to meet you nonetheless.  I hope you enjoy your time here.

Tank

Quote from: arian on January 25, 2012, 07:57:07 PM

Sorry Tank, but the only choices I have are 'show online status, or show e-mail', I see no other options so far.
Thanks

Can you see the highlighted element Notifications and Email?

arian (Banned)

Quote from: Ali on January 25, 2012, 08:29:37 PM
I think you are operating under an incorrect definition of "atheist."  A "Bible-God Believing" Atheist is an oxymoron - kind of like a Steak-Hamburger Eating Vegetarian.  :D  Atheists don't just reject the tenents of organized religion, they reject the notion that any/all gods exist.  But I'm pleased to meet you nonetheless.  I hope you enjoy your time here.

Hello Ali, I am very pleased to meet you too.

Well actually, I can say the same thing about most who call themselves 'Atheists', like you said: "I think you are operating under an incorrect definition of "atheist." :)

I guess I'll wait when I'm accepted after my 10th post. We shall debate my friend, and am looking forward to it.

Whitney

If you believe in ANY god then you are not, by definition, an atheist.  There are a lot of religious ideas of god out there all of those religions, including Christianity fall under theism.  We have some Christians here who can confirm this for you if you don't believe me.

Nonetheless, welcome to HAF; we have many theist members here.

arian (Banned)

Quote from: Tank on January 25, 2012, 08:56:33 PM
Quote from: arian on January 25, 2012, 07:57:07 PM

Thanks

Can you see the highlighted element Notifications and Email?

All I have under 'Modify Profile' is
'Account Related Settings' and nothing else shows up as you show here. ???

Stevil

LOL A Christian Atheist!

An Atheist is a person whom lacks a belief in any god.

If you don't classify YHWH as a god then I guess you can believe in YHWH and still be an atheist.

Good on ya!

Tank

Quote from: arian on January 25, 2012, 09:11:32 PM

See what happens after you have made the 'magic' 10 posts. If you are still haveing problems shout (PM me)!

arian (Banned)

Quote from: Whitney on January 25, 2012, 09:05:52 PM
If you believe in ANY god then you are not, by definition, an atheist.  There are a lot of religious ideas of god out there all of those religions, including Christianity fall under theism.  We have some Christians here who can confirm this for you if you don't believe me.

Nonetheless, welcome to HAF; we have many theist members here.

Thank you so much Whitney, the honor is all mine.

I am sure other theists will try to confirm the meaning of theism/atheism, which is two sides of the same coin, but please re-read the dictionaries (or any existent encyclopedias definition) and you will see that god and gods are defined, and not the Bible God. The Bible teaches us that GOD who 'IS' is not one from amongst them. "I Am" is not one amongst the man-created gods. GOD is not a 'being', but a 'source of being'.

How well do you know and understand the Bible? I can show both from and outside of the Bible that our Creator is not some 'divine-being' who lives in the 'supernatural realm' and speaks to his seekers through 'divinations'.

It gets involved (philosophy, science, doctrines of men, theories, challenging the re-defined and now accepted definitions of words, and so on), and with my limited education, I still struggle to express myself. English is my third language, and I already forgot the first two. LOL
I will ask all here to bare with me.

It would help if you got aquatinted a little with people in history like 'Arian', and the Philosopher named 'Tillich'.

I look forward to debating with you all, and thanks again.

arian (Banned)

Quote from: Tank on January 25, 2012, 09:23:19 PM
Quote from: arian on January 25, 2012, 09:11:32 PM

See what happens after you have made the 'magic' 10 posts. If you are still haveing problems shout (PM me)!

Got it, that might be the solution, and thanks again.

Crow

Welcome, hope you have some fun debating people on religion but I don't think I will be participating.
Retired member.