News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Facebook Post

Started by MadBomr101, December 19, 2011, 02:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBomr101

The following was posted by one of my "friends" on Facebook earlier today.  She's actually just a woman I work with who sent me a friend request and I approved it to be polite but we really have a very rudimentary relationship, because, frankly, she's kind of a nut. 

Also, she obviously doesn't realize I'm an atheist too.

Clearly I'm not going to post names or link to pages that aren't publically viewable but it's the content that's important for discussion.  Cut and pasted from my Facebook homepage.  Excuse the spelling, grammar, and well, pretty much everything else about her post. 

"that is really funny and kind of strange how I don't go to church for a few weeks and then when I go back, it is something that is something that impacts me right at this moment in time. Now I think I see why I lost a friend (or so I thought) as week. He had just announced publically that he is an atheist. I think that is why he was pulled out of my life. I think God was trying to tell me that he was defently not the person I needed to be around. I still hope that he one day decides to believe in God and gets saved before it is too late. He is a nice guy down deep inside. I did see that a few times when he let me in to see the real him. This service today was about the bad side of the Christmas story and we learned about the atheism movment that is happening right now. They actually have billboards in South Florida to try and recrut new atheists. The devil is at work and he got that person that I am talking about but he will NEVER get me!"

On behalf of atheists everywhere let me just say, we don't want you.   ::)

So what do you think of this?  She drops her friend because god was telling her not to consort with atheists.  Apparantly he's a nice guy but he needs to get saved before it's too late.  I'm always amused by how readily Xians believe that an omnipotent superbeing has nothing better to do than get involved with all the meaningless trivialities in the lives of the faithful.  God gives a damn who this woman is hanging out with?  Or could it be that SHE determined she couldn't hang out with him because he proclaimed his atheism and she's just shoe-horning god into her decision?

I go with that.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

DeterminedJuliet

Some people think that anything which conflicts with their beliefs in the tiniest way is the work of the devil.

There are many, many Christians who literally think that each and every atheist is possessed by Satan and everything we say is a demonic test of faith. If someone has that mentality, what can you possibly do?
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

MadBomr101

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on December 19, 2011, 03:00:43 AM
Some people think that anything which conflicts with their beliefs in the tiniest way is the work of the devil.

There are many, many Christians who literally think that each and every atheist is possessed by Satan and everything we say is a demonic test of faith. If someone has that mentality, what can you possibly do?

People like that really belong in the 12th century throwing rocks at heretics and sacrificing livestock to appease their god.  The fact that a lot of those types are running around today, voting, driving, and, worst of all, reproducing, makes me want to bang my head against a wall in disbelief. 

How is it posible that humans have evolved so little?  The fact that we can build i-pods, cell phones, and mass produce everything from cars to lollipops is immaterial.  How can 21st century Man still be so superstitious and primitive in their thinking?

It's mind boggling.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Chronos

Quote from: MadBomr101 on December 19, 2011, 02:48:04 AM
So what do you think of this? 

She has a case of the SPAGs. You could change your Facebook profile pic to an image of satan.  Too subtle?

I've got at least 3 high school classmates who get on Facebook every morning and post some daily devotional, like it's a competition, and a sister-in-law who provides and end-of-day summary and thanks to god for this, that and the other. Sometimes Facebook is just another way to proselytize. /sigh/

Religion is a pyramid scheme with 501c3 tax-free status.

MadBomr101

Quote from: Chronos on December 19, 2011, 03:23:34 AMShe has a case of the SPAGs. You could change your Facebook profile pic to an image of satan.  Too subtle?

I've got at least 3 high school classmates who get on Facebook every morning and post some daily devotional, like it's a competition, and a sister-in-law who provides and end-of-day summary and thanks to god for this, that and the other. Sometimes Facebook is just another way to proselytize. /sigh/

Ooooh, do I know about this.  One of my best and oldest buddies married a Xian woman and scarcely a day goes by that she doesn't thank god for...everything.

- Thank you God for the beautiful sunshine.

- Thank you God for the the means to pay off my credit card debts.

- Thank you God for the laughter of children.

- Thank you God for the many blessings you grant me each and every day.  You are awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I'm just waiting for the day she thanks god for chocolate and multiple orgasms.
- Bomr

Chronos

Thank you god for allowing my daughter to be placed in peril and saved by your almighty hand at the very last second possible. Thank you god for not averting this accident, but for allowing it to occur, to show me your wisdom, your power, your grace. Thank you!

MadBomr101

Yes and thank you god for anything good that happens at random or for just plain dumb luck.  I will always retrofit you into everything so that I may praise thy name and cite...whatever, as proof you not only exist but that you take a personal and active interest in my existence and the existence of those I love.

Hey, I just found $17 under the sofa.  Thank you god!!!!
- Bomr

xSilverPhinx

If you ever do decide to tell her that you're an atheist, do keep us posted ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

MadBomr101

I will although I have no immediate plan to tell her.  I'd like to see what other lovely gems of Xianity she reveals about herself so I need to stay in loop for now.   ;)

You'd think god would warn her of my deception if he's really looking out for her.
- Bomr

Sweetdeath

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on December 19, 2011, 03:00:43 AM

That's amusing, because someone at a party gave me  coupon for dunkin donuts, but they expired today. I didn't use them in time!! DAMN YOU LUCIFER!! :(

But seriously, that is the thing I hate the most about fundies. When good happens, it's god, when bad happens, it'd Lucifer. Well then, if I buy a bad cup.of joe, the devil did it? ???
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Chronos

Quote from: MadBomr101 on December 19, 2011, 04:57:15 AM
I will always retrofit you into everything so that I may praise thy name and cite ...

You should come up with a one-man show, Retrofitting God, styled similarly to the one-woman show, Letting Go of God, but you will examine the backwards deistic fantasies of the hoodwinked.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: MadBomr101 on December 19, 2011, 05:18:03 AM
You'd think god would warn her of my deception if he's really looking out for her.

I guess so ;)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Whitney

I think she is a nut and it would be best (since she is a co-worker) to hide her posts from your wall and restrict her from seeing any of your updates.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Whitney on December 19, 2011, 03:38:43 PM
I think she is a nut and it would be best (since she is a co-worker) to hide her posts from your wall and restrict her from seeing any of your updates.

Or remove her?
I don't understand why people feel the need to add bosses or coworkers to their fb. o__o
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Sweetdeath on December 19, 2011, 05:40:11 PM
Quote from: Whitney on December 19, 2011, 03:38:43 PM

Or remove her?
I don't understand why people feel the need to add bosses or coworkers to their fb. o__o

Agreed.  Worst idea ever.  There's nothing good that can come about from adding these.