News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Asimo keeps getting smarter

Started by Pharaoh Cat, December 01, 2011, 02:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pharaoh Cat

"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

The Magic Pudding

I thought this thread was going to be about Asmodean.
I thought it must be all those brains he's been eating.
I wonder how long it takes for kuru to kick in?

QuoteHonda's upgraded version of Asimo can jog at nearly 6 miles per hour; open a thermos and pour juice into a cup

So how long 'till we can buy a Honda we don't drive or ride, but in which we reside?

Asmodean

Everyone, I want you to meet The Asmo's Japanese cousin, Asimo-san.

It has legs with which to jog and arms with which to pour, but unfortunately no mouth with which to express grumpiness or devour brains. And it hasn't shed its white skin for gray yet.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

I wish I had one when I was sick.

"Asimo, get in the kitchen and make me a sammich and poor me some juice!"
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Buddy

I am so happy I wasn't the only one who read that Asmo.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Cecilie

I wish this thread was about Asmo instead... We need more of those.
The world's what you create.

Asmodean

Ooh, an ego-stroking!  ;D

Your stock is rising!  ;D

For anyone else who wants a higher stock, the damned thing is big enough for everyone to polish a corner or two  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xm1

The first five seconds of that video just gave me chills.

I'm pretty sure there is a horrible future just ahead with thousands of these faceless little bastards scurrying after us with commands for termination.  So not how i wanted to die.

Tank

Quote from: xm1 on December 01, 2011, 10:27:07 PM
The first five seconds of that video just gave me chills.

I'm pretty sure there is a horrible future just ahead with thousands of these faceless little bastards scurrying after us with commands for termination.  So not how i wanted to die.
A can of black spray paint over their visor would bugger them!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

So not how i wanted to die.
You wanted to die while chased by a huge and menacing-looking robot with a face then..?  ???
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Cecilie

Quote from: Asmodean on December 01, 2011, 11:15:58 PM
You wanted to die while chased by a huge and menacing-looking robot with a face then..?  ???
That's how I want to exit this world.
The world's what you create.

xm1

Quote from: Cecilie on December 02, 2011, 12:02:56 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on December 01, 2011, 11:15:58 PM
You wanted to die while chased by a huge and menacing-looking robot with a face then..?  ???
That's how I want to exit this world.

Somehow this description seems less menacing.  Id rather it was some big mean looking machine that looks like its supposed to do the killing.

Rather then a pack of little white scurrying faceless dwarf things.  But I'm sure when the robot attack comes they will look exactly like this.  Cold and sterile and designed to deceive.

xSilverPhinx

I also thought this thread was about Asmo, and was expecting to see an ego-stroking fest. ;D

I think it's cool that the robot can balance like that...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 02, 2011, 04:37:23 PM
I also thought this thread was about Asmo, and was expecting to see an ego-stroking fest. ;D
I know... Disappointing, aint it?   :P

The robot IS interesting though. What we need now is to figure out some real AI to upload into it.   :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

fester30

Asmo is great but I think there should be more Festering.  Think about it.  Mold Festering upon bread brought us penicillin.  Dead bodies Festering in a massive trench helped to spread the Bubonic Plague, which led to population control.  Nastiness Festering between a potential lover's teeth warns us against an adventure that may end our affinities for the wondrous beauty of love.  Fester is not so bad.  As Fester, I even maintain, upon my reflective dome, a smoothness that only Asmo could understand.  Should I paint my perfectly round, smooth scalp gray, I would even look like Asmodean from the neck up.

I think there should be more Festering greatness in the world.  Perhaps out of any disgusting display of Fester we could find some wonderful lessons about nature and humanity.  In finding these things... I think we discover more than ever the human condition.