News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Abstinence-only education does not lead to abstinent behavior

Started by Squid, November 29, 2011, 11:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

not your typical...

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 05, 2011, 08:11:58 PM
Oh yea, I remember watching that earlier this year. I didn't find it bad at all. I freaked everybody out in my class because I was eating during the whole move.
Now it's not so bad, but when it's a bunch of 10-12 year olds, first thing in the morning, and that's exactly how they learn about sex, yeah, it's a bit scaring...
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

Buddy

Quote from: not your typical... on December 05, 2011, 08:15:33 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 05, 2011, 08:11:58 PM
Oh yea, I remember watching that earlier this year. I didn't find it bad at all. I freaked everybody out in my class because I was eating during the whole move.
Now it's not so bad, but when it's a bunch of 10-12 year olds, first thing in the morning, and that's exactly how they learn about sex, yeah, it's a bit scaring...

My dad used to be an OB doctor, and my favorite pass time when I was really little was looking through his medical school books. So, I kinda got desensitized to that stuff pretty quick.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

not your typical...

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 05, 2011, 08:55:03 PM
My dad used to be an OB doctor, and my favorite pass time when I was really little was looking through his medical school books. So, I kinda got desensitized to that stuff pretty quick.
Ahhh. Yeah, we had no clue about anything involving parts below the belt. Now if you asked us what kind of vodka to get, that was a completely different story. But less than a year later, most were having sex, completely forgetting the fear we had prior.
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight

Sandra Craft

Quote from: not your typical... on December 05, 2011, 06:47:52 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 01, 2011, 12:16:28 AM
I'm surprised the hysterical fringe didn't land on your school like a ton of bricks.  What all goes into the sex ed at your school?
They gave us videos. Lost of them. One had cats on a quilt. Seeing orange cats still scares me to this day... Ever heard of the Miracle of Life video? Basically, it's a camera shoved up some woman that shows everything from ejaculation to birth. The first time we watched it was in 6th grade, and while we were hysterical then, by 7th grade all was forgotten cuz they started giving us condoms. Since we were in a middle school that was joined with a high school and they knew the high-schoolers were very.... persuasive, they figured it was a good safety measure. Some of my most scaring memories were from 7th grade... We learned positions. *shudders*

Hm, maybe it depends on location, whether the hysterics attack your sex ed program or not.  I think I remember seeing that "ejaculation to birth" thing on NOVA.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

not your typical...

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 06, 2011, 11:30:02 PM
Hm, maybe it depends on location, whether the hysterics attack your sex ed program or not.  I think I remember seeing that "ejaculation to birth" thing on NOVA.
We had no clue what we were getting into. I think so long as you have a basic idea of what sex is, you should be fine. We didn't so we were not. :P