News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Icons

Started by Sandra Craft, November 24, 2011, 11:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Hmmm no kids of my own. (Thank FSM) Have a picture of my soon-to-be math professor brother.

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sandra Craft

Is this a recent picture?  As math professors go, he looks a little . . . young.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Buddy

This was taken last year. And he has one more year of college to go before he graduates. He is actually 21 in this picture. He's always had a baby face.  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

OMA Juliet, your son is ADORABLE.  Those cheeks!  Nomnomnom

Budhorse - your brother definitely looks young to be a professor. 

Buddy

Eh, he's happy, and I'm not complaining. My math grades have actually gone up since he started tutoring me.  :D

Stevil

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on January 26, 2012, 02:08:27 AM
Okay, since everyone is posting pictures of the adorable children in their lives...
Aren't we all the doting parents, just looking for whatever excuse we can to show our our little loved ones?

I never used to be interested in kiddie pix until I had some of my own, now I know why everyone gets so excited.

Guardian85

Quote from: Ali on January 25, 2012, 11:39:29 PM
Guardian - You do look like you're praying to some sort of Beer God in that shot.  Is that green beer?

That is in fact an irish celebratory beer on St.Paddys'. Actually just Heineken with food dye, but still fun. Made my teeth green, though.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

@ DJ Awwwww so cute!

@ Buddy Aww not quite as cute, but definitly a baby face. I bet he gets 'carded' in bars a lot?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Siz

Quote from: Stevil on January 25, 2012, 09:58:47 PM
OK, I've finally decided to reveal myself. Here's me and the family.

D'ahhhh, lovely!

You've lost all your evil now St.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Stevil on January 26, 2012, 07:44:38 AM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on January 26, 2012, 02:08:27 AM
Okay, since everyone is posting pictures of the adorable children in their lives...
Aren't we all the doting parents, just looking for whatever excuse we can to show our our little loved ones?

I never used to be interested in kiddie pix until I had some of my own, now I know why everyone gets so excited.

I know. I did up an album of wee man's first year and whenever we have people over, we're always like "WANNA SEE OUR SON'S PICTUREZ?!"
Before we had him, I never in a million years thought that'd be something I'd do.  ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on January 25, 2012, 09:52:03 PM
ETA: Oh yeah, and I meant to ask, how do you pronounce "Småen?"  Sm-ay-n?  Sm-eye-n?

Å has the sound value of o
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: Asmodean on January 27, 2012, 09:09:01 AM
Quote from: Ali on January 25, 2012, 09:52:03 PM
ETA: Oh yeah, and I meant to ask, how do you pronounce "Småen?"  Sm-ay-n?  Sm-eye-n?

Å has the sound value of o

Like this?

(Please excuse the terrible nasally quality of my voice.  I (still, arrrrgh) have a cold.)

http://vocaroo.com/?media=v4ULbAggplj0iuX26

Guardian85

Close. Put a little more force on the å and say it a fraction slower.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 27, 2012, 11:35:11 PM

;D ;D ;D  I'm having fun over here trying.  Smooooooooo-en.   ;D ;D ;D Next you guys will have to teach me some Norwegian curse words.

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on January 27, 2012, 11:36:37 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on January 27, 2012, 11:35:11 PM

;D ;D ;D  I'm having fun over here trying.  Smooooooooo-en.   ;D ;D ;D Next you guys will have to teach me some Norwegian curse words.

Fan. But that's swedish. ;)