News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What are you watching now?

Started by Sandra Craft, November 23, 2011, 02:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

We've got a "What are you listening to?" thread, but I rarely seem to listen to things anymore so I thought I'd start a "What are you watching now?" thread.  Just for balance.

I'm watching The Daily Show.  It's a rerun but that's OK, I love Jon Stewart.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Crow

Retired member.

Tank

Good idea BCE.

Heroes on play back.
Terra Nova, iff'y SciFi could be good, getting a little soapy.
Mythbusters (new series)
Garrow's Law, series 3, based on fact BBC historical court room drama, with added sex!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

Season 6 of How I Met Your Mother
Gordon Ramsay's "Kitchen Nightmares", on Netflix
Heroes, on Netflix

Annnnnd that's it, probably. I'd like to get the latest season of House and watch that too, though.
Oh. Wait, and I watch the odd Spongebob with the little guy.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sandra Craft

I'm watching Pulp Fiction right now, for the first time without commercial interruptions.  This is a very weird movie but has a great soundtrack.  Love Bruce Willis's character.
Sandy

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 27, 2011, 12:36:22 AM
I'm watching Pulp Fiction right now, for the first time without commercial interruptions.  This is a very weird movie but has a great soundtrack.  Love Bruce Willis's character.

I love Quentin Tarantino!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tom62

I've just watched Mel Brook's "Spaceballs".

May the schwartz be with you
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

MariaEvri

I;m watching despicable me. I think i'd give it a try
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

OldGit

Sandra Craft

Quote from: MariaEvri on November 27, 2011, 03:40:48 PM
I;m watching despicable me. I think i'd give it a try

I love Despicable Me.  Minions!
Sandy

MariaEvri

well I can't say its on the top of my list, but it's a fun watch
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

DeterminedJuliet

I just started watching "Kenny vs. Spenny" and it's totally killed my whole morning. :P

Sandra Craft

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on November 27, 2011, 06:39:51 PM
I just started watching "Kenny vs. Spenny" and it's totally killed my whole morning. :P

OK, you'll have to explain that.  Is it a Canadian thing?
Sandy

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 27, 2011, 09:09:36 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on November 27, 2011, 06:39:51 PM

OK, you'll have to explain that.  Is it a Canadian thing?

It is a Canadian thing - it's a show about two roommates who "challenge" each other each week and proceed to pretty much torture one another. Kenny always cheats and Spenny never cheats. Kenny usually wins.

This five minute clip will give you an idea
http://youtu.be/X2Fmgp6V0RQ

I've heard about it before, but I started watching it this morning and now I can't stop. Most of it is pretty college humour, but it makes me lol.

Ecurb Noselrub