News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Hey there!

Started by arin, October 07, 2007, 11:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arin

Sorry, I know these introduction messages get kinda annoying on forums, but it's a good way to get to know people.  :wink:

To start off, my name is Erin.  I don't think it's unique enough to suit my personality, so I often spell it Arin, or Aryn.  Music is one of my favorite things, but I try really hard not to make it my life, because I think there are much more important things.   I live in a place that most people say is just a bunch of banjo playing crazy people, but it's tought me that stereotyping people and/or places gets you nowhere.  Being nice and earning respect from most people is one of my biggest goals.  
But, I'd love to get to know all of you.  (Sorry, I hope I didn't get you too bored if you read all of that. haha)

MommaSquid

QuoteI live in a place that most people say is just a bunch of banjo playing crazy people

Sorry, that doesn't narrow it down far enough.   :lol:
Appalachia, maybe?  The Deep South?  

Where ever you hail from, arin, welcome to the forum.

arin

Haha, thanks.  And I live in Indiana, by the way, kinda/sorta near Chicago.

McQ

Intros are NEVER annoying! People posting "War and Peace" without an intro are annoying. Not that anything like that has happened here lately... :roll:

Thanks, and welcome!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

Welcome to the forum, Arin.

a_jaynepayne

hey there arin, erin, aryn whichever this place is great.  I just joined the other day too and just like McD's I'M LOVIN' IT!!
I LOVE GEORGE CARLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  "It's all b.s. and it's bad for ya!

rlrose328

Welcome, Arin (or Erin or Aryn... I like the last one)!  You've found a happy home here.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

tigerlily46514

Another HOOSIER!!!!  All right!   There aren't many OUT atheists up this way, are there!!!  It is okay to be a little out here, like your age and state even, if you want.

Dang, i don't know any banjo players.  But i wouldn't mind, i too LOVE music!  My friends all play sax, the keyboard, drums or guitar.  I hear a lotta jazz at our pubs.
Hey, Arin, go ahead and lose yourself in music, what could be better? It is the universal language!  The big uniter.
WELCOME!!
"religious groups should stay out of politics-OR BE TAXED."

~jean
"Once you explain why you dismiss all other possible gods-- i'll explain why i dismiss your god."

Squid

Hola.

SteveS

Hi arin - far from bored.  Type on!  Welcome to the forum.