Greetings!

Started by Jeffery, May 22, 2011, 04:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecilie

Quote from: Jeffery on May 22, 2011, 05:23:23 PM
Quote from: Cecilie on May 22, 2011, 05:20:16 PM
Quote from: Jeffery on May 22, 2011, 03:34:15 PM
Quote from: Cecilie on May 22, 2011, 07:58:59 AM
That's funny, I have a Misfits song stuck in my head.

Anyway, welcome.

Which song might that be?

Last Caress. My mother was not amused when I started to sing it.

Perhaps your mother may not enjoy a rape-themed song directed at mother's alike. I see you're from Bergen, Norway. Possibly she would prefer you stick with songs from the likes of: Darkthrone & Mayhem.   ;D

She's already said she doesn't like black metal, so no such luck.
The world's what you create.

Recusant

Quote from: The Black Jester on May 22, 2011, 05:03:37 AM...what is a "group of asshats" called?  A Cheek-Spread?

Ooh that's a great question.  "Congress?" "Parliament?" "Bundestag?"

I was trying to work something up along the lines of "Colonic Millinery," but I don't think it quite works.  "Cheek-Spread" is good, but maybe we can do better.  I'll give it some thought...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote from: Jeffery on May 22, 2011, 03:28:27 PM
At least I know when I'm alone I'm in good company. But all sarcasm aside, I play the part at work in order to maintain self-preservation & to do what it takes. When I was younger, I didn't have this attitude & the chip on my shoulder was a mile long.

Yes, a decade and a half dealing with the public on a constant basis might sour even the sunniest disposition.  I know I wouldn't like to try it.  Still, it sounds like you had a head start in that department.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Jeffery

Quote from: Recusant on May 22, 2011, 06:48:20 PM
Quote from: The Black Jester on May 22, 2011, 05:03:37 AM...what is a "group of asshats" called?  A Cheek-Spread?

I was trying to work something up along the lines of "Colonic Millinery," but I don't think it quite works.  "Cheek-Spread" is good, but maybe we can do better.  I'll give it some thought...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote from: Jeffery on May 22, 2011, 03:28:27 PM
At least I know when I'm alone I'm in good company. But all sarcasm aside, I play the part at work in order to maintain self-preservation & to do what it takes. When I was younger, I didn't have this attitude & the chip on my shoulder was a mile long.

Yes, a decade and a half dealing with the public on a constant basis might sour even the sunniest disposition.  I know I wouldn't like to try it.  Still, it sounds like you had a head start in that department.

Touche! Having a father who also worked in law enforcement, that was yet another glimpse into the dark side of the human condition. Which, I have a strong interest in as well.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others! "
- Marquis de Sade

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Hi Jeff (do you mind the contraction?)

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

PapistItalian16

Quote from: Recusant on May 22, 2011, 06:48:20 PM

hahahahahaha I like "congress". LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, Jeffery, welcome to HAF!   
River: (speaking about the Bible) "It's broken. It doesn't make sense."
Shepherd Book: "It's not about making sense. It's about believing in something, and letting that belief be real enough to change your life. It's about faith. You don't fix faith, River. It fixes you."

-- Firefly.