News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Pets...what do you have?

Started by Whitney, June 22, 2006, 09:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

These two were taken on the same day, with no posing by me done at all. They're a little blurry.

And then a half hour later, I walk in my mom's room to find this XD

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

OMA!  Bud and Gawen, your pets. Are. Adorable.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: McQ on January 16, 2012, 04:33:52 AM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on December 31, 2011, 04:04:45 PM
I'd love to get a Greyhound. Or a Whippet.

But my "dream" dog is a Leonberger.

If you get one of these, you're going to have to take riding lessons too! Criminy, that's a big animal!

That's your basic pony in dog form.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Gawen

Quote from: Ali on January 18, 2012, 08:47:06 PM
OMA!  Bud and Gawen, your pets. Are. Adorable.
Thanks!

Budhorse, is that a Whippet?
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

The Magic Pudding

I had a why didn't I know that moment yesterday.
Apparently our iconic Aus cattle dog breed was produced by crossing with dingoes.

QuoteThe Australian Cattle Dog (ACD or Cattle Dog) is a breed of herding dog originally developed in Australia for droving cattle over long distances across rough terrain.
QuoteThomas Hall crossed his Drovers Dogs with dingoes he had tamed and by 1840 was satisfied with his resulting progeny.

QuoteThe Australian Dingo is a free-roaming wild dog unique to the continent of Australia, mainly found in the outback. Its original ancestors are thought to have arrived with humans from southeast Asia thousands of years ago, when dogs were still relatively undomesticated and closer to their wild Asian gray wolf parent species, Canis lupus. Since then, living largely apart from people and other dogs, together with the demands of Australian ecology, has caused them to develop features and instincts that distinguish them from all other canines. Dingoes have maintained ancient characteristics that unite them, along with other primitive dogs, into a taxon named after them, Canis lupus dingo, and has separated them from the domestic dog, Canis lupus familiaris.

So our dog a Jack Russel / Cattle Dog cross has ancestors that walked the continent a long long time ago.

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on January 19, 2012, 04:11:14 AM
I had a why didn't I know that moment yesterday.
Apparently our iconic Aus cattle dog breed was produced by crossing with dingoes.

QuoteThe Australian Cattle Dog (ACD or Cattle Dog) is a breed of herding dog originally developed in Australia for droving cattle over long distances across rough terrain.
QuoteThomas Hall crossed his Drovers Dogs with dingoes he had tamed and by 1840 was satisfied with his resulting progeny.

QuoteThe Australian Dingo is a free-roaming wild dog unique to the continent of Australia, mainly found in the outback. Its original ancestors are thought to have arrived with humans from southeast Asia thousands of years ago, when dogs were still relatively undomesticated and closer to their wild Asian gray wolf parent species, Canis lupus. Since then, living largely apart from people and other dogs, together with the demands of Australian ecology, has caused them to develop features and instincts that distinguish them from all other canines. Dingoes have maintained ancient characteristics that unite them, along with other primitive dogs, into a taxon named after them, Canis lupus dingo, and has separated them from the domestic dog, Canis lupus familiaris.

So our dog a Jack Russel / Cattle Dog cross has ancestors that walked the continent a long long time ago.

Awwww, your dog is too cute.

My husband had a certain kind of dog growing up that was also crossed with dingos.  I'm trying to remember the name f the breed - it wasn't an Aus Cattle Dog, something else.  Anyway, his whole family liked these dogs, and there were three of them at one time - his family's, his aunt's, and his grandma's.  In honor of their heritage, they were named Addy (short for Adelaide), Ozzie, and Sydney.  Addy (husband's dog) was the only one left by the time I joined the family.  She was a very sweet old girl.  I wish I could remember the name of the breed.  I'll have to ask hubby when I get home tonight.  

Asmo - You like that?  I think I've commited myself to using Oh My Asmo from now on.  I like it much better than Oh My God, given that you actually exist and so far have not proven yourself to be nearly as objectionable as the Christian God.   ;D ;D

ETA:  Kelpie!  She was an Australian Kelpie!

Amicale

Awesome pictures, people! You have ADORABLE pets!  ;D

Here's my girl:

To say she's lazy would be an understatement.  ;)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Guardian85

Quote from: Ali on January 19, 2012, 05:20:11 PM
Asmo - You like that?  I think I've commited myself to using Oh My Asmo from now on.  I like it much better than Oh My God, given that you actually exist and so far have not proven yourself to be nearly as objectionable as the Christian God.   ;D ;D

You just haven't met him in person...  :D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 19, 2012, 05:38:27 PM

It seems hard to believe that he's done anything as bad as the whole sale rape, slaughter, and pillaging of men, women, and children that Yahweh is into.   ;D

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on January 19, 2012, 05:48:07 PM

It seems hard to believe that he's done anything as bad as the whole sale rape, slaughter, and pillaging of men, women, and children that Yahweh is into.   ;D
Ahh yes, but you haven't read the Book.  ;)

Ali

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 19, 2012, 05:49:46 PM
Quote from: Ali on January 19, 2012, 05:48:07 PM

Ahh yes, but you haven't read the Book.  ;)

True.  Mayb e I'll read both books (Wheel of Time and the Bible) and then make a sort of "pros and cons" list to figure out who is more evil.

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on January 19, 2012, 05:52:19 PM
True.  Mayb e I'll read both books (Wheel of Time and the Bible) and then make a sort of "pros and cons" list to figure out who is more evil.

Yes, but the Asmo has a special book on world domination.