News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Pope did it again...Big Bang=Goddidit

Started by history_geek, February 06, 2011, 10:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

history_geek

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Asmodean

"God responsible for big bang, not science" the title says...

... ...  :rant:

*by implication, equating "causing" to "[being] responsible for"
**not aimed at any one in particular. No disrespect meant for actual idiots either.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ultima22689

*Watches Video*

Wait, wha- AHHHHHHHHH!!! My brains! That vid burned away 10% of ma brain cells!

Why can't religion just go away, the stupid, it hurts!

Stevil

They have to be really careful with regards to what they state that God caused, because of course if and when science shows that the simple properties of energy creates such a thing...

Whitney

I think we should just be glad that the Pope acknowledged evolution as real...it's not like we can expect him to not claim god did it as that would require him loosing his funny hat.

terranus

Quote from: "Whitney"I think we should just be glad that the Pope acknowledged evolution as real...it's not like we can expect him to not claim god did it as that would require him loosing his funny hat.

Agree. That was a very liberal move by the Pope. Not something I expected from someone who looks like he came right off Star Wars.

Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--

Guardian85

Wow. wtf
Just Wow... The church is at it again. Trying to hijack scientific theory to justify their existence as an institution.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

When Fred Hoyle coined the term Big Bang the catholic church jumped on it like a priest on an alter boy. It was a gift as it appeared that it gave the universe a beginning and thus required a creator that was invulnerable to scientific investigation! More recent ideas are coming around to the view that the Big Bang is not necessarily unique. It's going to make them look dumb (dumber) when/if a better understanding of nature shows that there is no need for a creator  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Guardian85

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "Guardian85"Wow. :|

NOT to mention it, Asmodean. Not... ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

hismikeness

No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite