News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What kind of music do you like?

Started by Shalo'zier, June 18, 2007, 03:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlrose328

Quote from: "Jesster85"Weird Al is my favorite artist. I have all of his albums (although most are on cassette :( ).

WOO HOO!!!  (see avatar)  We LOVE Al in this house.  We saw him in concert in June of this year... 3rd time for my hubby who first saw him 25 years ago, 2nd for me and 1st for our 7 yo son.  The kid was up on his feet, fist in the air, singing along with every song, old and new.  I was in tears throughout most of it just watching the kid.  

Al came into the audience and walked around in the two front aisles... and I was ON THE AISLE!  He was THISCLOSE to me... I could have reached out and wiped the sweat off his face.  I thought the kid was going to pass out from screaming his name.  LOL!
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

myleviathan

Kerri - be honest - when was the last time you watched UHF?? This is one of my favorite 80's movies. It's so misunderstood. In the summer of seventh grade that I would turn the sound off and watch it with music playing. When you do this it seems like any song you play syncs with the video.

As far as my favorite music... Anything psychedelic. I believe this crosses genres. But I'll name a few.
The Mars Volta
Z Kamp (Underground band I stumbled across on myspace from the Olympia, WA area. A little raw but great sound)
Hendrix
Sublime
Bob Marley
Old Dirty Bastard
Wilco
Billy Bragg

Otherwise I can't help but like the Hives. They're so obnoxious. Marilyn Manson (from Florida) was always a favorite. I love that he shoves Satan in everyone's face. I just laugh at that. White Zombie can do no wrong (The demon warp is coming alive, in nine-teen sixty.... five five five!!) I'm also really enjoying the Decemberists, My Morning Jacket, The Shins, The Flaming Lips, Thom York, Tom Petty (From Florida), Morning Bell ( from Florida)

I guess I could keep going but I don't know if anyone cares. :)
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

BleedingOrchid

I've been listening to the Smashing Pumpkins this morning & some Aimee Mann in the car...
Here we are
Upon your stage
The love we share
The dreams we'll save
They're bleeding the orchid...~Smashing Pumpkins

MysticalChicken

Not a Pumpkins fan, but I do like Aimee Mann.

I purchased the following (used) CDs from amazon.com last night:

Buffalo Tom - Let Me Come Over
The Trolleyvox - Present the Karaoke Meltdowns
Old 97's - Wreck Your Life (my favorite alt-country band.  Rhett Miller is dreamy)
The Wannadies - Be a Girl (I became obsessed with this band only two days after having heard them for the first time, about a week ago)

I also put Tom Waits - Rain Dogs in my cart, but the total came out to more money than I had (I also bought some books and a DVD as well) so I had to sacrifice a few things, and that was one of them.

"Down in the hall, embedded in walls, hear them screaming.  Stashed in a bar, a brain in a jar, no one sees them.  Sucking them blind and draining their minds, hear them screaming.  Stas

Mister Joy

Smashing Pumpkins is one of these bands that I here about all the time but I've never actually bothered to listen to because I've made the educated guess that I probably wont like them. The words 'alternative rock' are an instant put-off for me.

Oh and MysticalChicken, I've got to applaud your liking of Tom Waits. He's just bloody fantastic. I only have the album Blood Money (for me to actually buy an album means a great deal, bear in mind) but I've downloaded a bunch of his songs too.

MysticalChicken

I'm actually just getting into him, to tell the truth...

"Down in the hall, embedded in walls, hear them screaming.  Stashed in a bar, a brain in a jar, no one sees them.  Sucking them blind and draining their minds, hear them screaming.  Stas

Mister Joy

Ah, well in that case I'd recommend Blood Money to ya. Having said that though, his stuff varies quite a lot, so you may not be that into it. It's a bit more experimental than some of his other CDs, I reckon.

myleviathan

Does anyone else out there just love Elliot Smith?? What great tunes. Too bad he was stabbed in the heart with a steak knife by his girlfriend. True story.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

MysticalChicken

I like him a lot.  I only have XO though.  I want to get Figure 8 (at least I think that's what it's called).

Asmodean Prime

In Flames...

But I think it went downwards after Colony...

antares

SteveS, Zevon was the man. Sentimental Hygeine is one of the best albums of the 80's. I still listen to it frequently.
Every man, wherever he goes, is encompassed by a cloud of comforting convictions, which move with him like flies on a summer day.
 - Bertrand Russell

MysticalChicken

Currently listening to a live set of James on The Bottom Forty.

I'd only heard one of their songs before.  They're really good.  I might have to check out some of their CDs.

karmanetics

heroes de silencio

spanish rock band, similar d.purple

songs:
avalancha
maldito duende
mar a dentro
leyenda

karmanetics

guess the song:

ryanvc76

Korn, Slipknot, Stone Sour....   listening to Frank Sinatra right now...
---=---=---=---=---
http://www.vancleave.de
---=---=---=---
"[The Bible] has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies." - Mark Twain

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies." - Thomas Jefferson

---=---