News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Vatican praises Homer Simpson

Started by The Magic Pudding, October 19, 2010, 10:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heretical Rants

Yeah Homer converted to Catholicism for like 2/3rds of one episode, when Bart was going to Catholic school because he was expelled from public school and none of the other private schools would take him.

If I recall correctly, the main point of conversion was pancakes--delicious church-sponsored pancake dinners.

The whole episode seemed to me like it was making fun of christian sectarianism.  "Noooo, we're going to protestant heaven, where it's all fun and happy. Homer's going to boring catholic heaven."

Sophus

The Vatican changes its mind:

Quote"I wouldn't say they're Catholic, I would say they're people of faith," the Rev. Francesco Occhetta told the AFP news agency. "I would say that the Simpsons are open on the question of God."
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Thumpalumpacus

They're obviously treating this important issue with all the gravitas it deserves.  It's good to see that the Catholic hierarchy is not being led astray from this vital concern by such trivialities as the Church's complicity in the Rwandan genocide, or the ongoing dissembling on the pedophilia scandal.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

The Magic Pudding

Does this mean Vatican's official newspaper is fallible?
I was trying to become more like homer, I nearly had the strangle hold perfected.
Now I'm confused and the children are getting harder to catch.