News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Howdy-Do

Started by Billy Bob Jenkins, July 15, 2010, 09:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy Bob Jenkins

My name is Billy Bob and I am a firm, Bible believing Baptist and a True Christian Soldier for God. I am here to learn why atheism appeals to people aside from the obvious reasons. I believe most people turn to atheism as a way to justify sin and ease their fear of Hell. Of course most of the atheists I have met vehemently deny this allegation.

I wonder why atheists seem so alike. Every atheist I have met has been a follower of Charles Darwin. They also tend to be liberals who voted for Obama, and think women should have the right to kill their unborn babies. Why is this?

Davin

Is this a test of Poe's Law?
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Billy Bob Jenkins

Quote from: "Davin"Is this a test of Poe's Law?
I'm not sure what you mean.

pinkocommie

Howdy!  Introductions are more for letting us know who you are, not for you to tell us what you think of us.  :)
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Billy Bob Jenkins

Quote from: "pinkocommie"Howdy!  Introductions are more for letting us know who you are, not for you to tell us what you think of us.  :)
Oh, of course. Sorry. I'm thirty. I have three sons with my wife Ethel. I built my home with my barehands and support my family as the sole bread winner. I am a lumberjack. I enjoy playing the banjo and drinking Old Milwaukee.

Sorry, it wasn't my intention to offend anybody with my previous post. I was just forging ahead. I hope that we can have open and mutually informative communication from here on in.  :secret:

The Black Jester

Quote from: "Billy Bob Jenkins"I built my home with my barehands and support my family as the sole bread winner. I am a lumberjack. I enjoy playing the banjo and drinking Old Milwaukee.

Somehow...I don't believe you... :P
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

Billy Bob Jenkins

Quote from: "The Black Jester"
Quote from: "Billy Bob Jenkins"I built my home with my barehands and support my family as the sole bread winner. I am a lumberjack. I enjoy playing the banjo and drinking Old Milwaukee.

Somehow...I don't believe you... :P
Why not?

Davin

Quote from: "Billy Bob Jenkins"
Look up "Poe's Law" to be sure about what I mean.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Billy Bob Jenkins

Quote from: "Davin"
Quote from: "Billy Bob Jenkins"
Look up "Poe's Law" to be sure about what I mean.
Poe's Law states:
“  Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing.  â€  

So you are asking me if I am pretending to be a fundamentalist? The answer is "no". I am as Baptist as they come. I'm not sure why you would suspect me of trying to trick you that I am a Christian. Why would someone do that?

pinkocommie

Because the internet is full of jerks who have nothing better to do.   :)
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Davin

Quote from: "Billy Bob Jenkins"So you are asking me if I am pretending to be a fundamentalist? The answer is "no". I am as Baptist as they come. I'm not sure why you would suspect me of trying to trick you that I am a Christian. Why would someone do that?
For parody. For fun. For self gratification. Because you enjoy creating some kind of conflict. There are many reasons, and I don't care about any of them. The reason it looks like a parody is because of your user name and the stated incorrect ideas of what atheism is matches the stereo type of a southern baptist too well. Either way, the post was offending enough to not require a civil response, but I also refrained from being equally offensive just in case it was a parody.

Tank

Hi Billy Bob

Welcome aboard.

Useful links for new members
Mission Statement Why this place is here.
Forum Rules More of a set of guidelines really, upset Whitney (She who must be obeyed) and you'll find the exit door very quickly!
How do I use the quote feature? If you are new to forums this is an important feature to understand. The maximum number of nested quotes is 3.
Help desk. Any problems this is where to ask them.
What's on your mind today? The general chit chat thread.
Somewhere to discuss the fear of dying. Many ex-theists have to come to terms with death, this is a place to discuss this issue.
How to tell your family you are an atheist. Some suggestions about how to deal with this thorny issue.
Parenting Beyond Belief. The forum for discussing how to raise your children 'Faith Free'.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Thumpalumpacus

Hiya Billy Bob.  Here's to hoping we change the obviously mistaken caricature you seem to hold.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

hismikeness

Welcome BBJ.

Quote from: "Billy Bob Jenkins"I am here to learn why atheism appeals to people aside from the obvious reasons.

What are, in your mind, those obvious reasons?

Quote from: "Billy Bob Jenkins"I believe most people turn to atheism as a way to justify sin and ease their fear of Hell. Of course most of the atheists I have met vehemently deny this allegation.

What causes you to believe this about atheists you have met? Since we have now "met", log me in as one who will vehemently deny this allegation as well. The way and the reasons you describe are not the reasons I became an atheist. I also have no fear of Hell, nor conversely a desire for Heaven.

Quote from: "Billy Bob Jenkins"I wonder why atheists seem so alike. Every atheist I have met has been a follower of Charles Darwin. They also tend to be liberals who voted for Obama, and think women should have the right to kill their unborn babies. Why is this?

Atheists are alike only in that they are all human beings and have no belief in god.

I am not a follower of Darwin, though I believe his theory to be accurate. Again, we have met.

I am also not liberal, nor did I vote for Obama. I am wishy washy on abortion, rather that people should take responsibility for their actions, and if that means having an abortion because she isn't ready for said responsibility (young; made a bad judgement; rape), then abortion may be the responsible decision. If having the baby is the right decision, so be it. I don't condone abortion as birth control, that is what birth control is for.

Anyway, welcome! And enjoy your Old Milwaukee and banjo.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Tank

You have been a busy boy Billy http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/20717
Hmmmm http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?p=558010

And here http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?p=551847

On the subject of 'Men ARE Smarter than women' BBJ wrote:-

Quote from: "BBJ"Name one area where women aren't inferior to men, other than baking pies and bleeding?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.