News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Howdy-Do

Started by Billy Bob Jenkins, July 15, 2010, 09:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: "pinkocommie"
Quote from: "Billy Bob Jenkins"I can see from the way the staff are jumping all over me that satan has this place pretty much locked down. That being said this will be my last post here. Enjoy Hell, atheists.

Haha, what a coward.  :verysad:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

elliebean

Quote from: "Billy Bob Jenkins"...this will be my last post here.
At least he knows when he's outmatched.
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Curmudgeond

Near where I work a man will occasionally sit in a chair on a busy street corner. He holds a sign that refers to Judgement Day and May 21, 2011. If you Google the date you will find many websites that claim May 21, 2011 will be the final judgement day and the end of the world.

These people should take a bet:

If you or anyone else that firmly believes that May 21, 2011 will be the "judgement day" and you are still walking, talking and breathing on this planet on May 22, 2011, then you will totally renounce the bible and your religion! No excuses!

But, of course those who are still living on May 22, 2011 will find an excuse as to why the bible was once again mis-read. For a book that is about 2,000 years old, you would think they know what it means by now.

Tank

Quote from: "Curmudgeond"Near where I work a man will occasionally sit in a chair on a busy street corner. He holds a sign that refers to Judgement Day and May 21, 2011. If you :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

pinkocommie

Quote from: "Curmudgeond"Near where I work a man will occasionally sit in a chair on a busy street corner. He holds a sign that refers to Judgement Day and May 21, 2011. If you Google the date you will find many websites that claim May 21, 2011 will be the final judgement day and the end of the world.

These people should take a bet:

If you or anyone else that firmly believes that May 21, 2011 will be the "judgement day" and you are still walking, talking and breathing on this planet on May 22, 2011, then you will totally renounce the bible and your religion! No excuses!

But, of course those who are still living on May 22, 2011 will find an excuse as to why the bible was once again mis-read. For a book that is about 2,000 years old, you would think they know what it means by now.

Considering the bible has a story about god telling a guy to kill his kid just to see if he would do it, I think these people stand to feel even more self righteous if the world doesn't end.  Like they were similarly tested and also passed.  If someone honestly believes in god and convinces themselves that god is in control of everything then they'll happily waste their life as a fool, all the while laughing right back at the ridicule, convinced they know the REAL score.  It's insane, but it's also very human.  You want to get someone to dedicate their lives to something crazy?  Convince them they're special if they do.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/