News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Howdy-Do

Started by Billy Bob Jenkins, July 15, 2010, 09:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAYtheist

Someone on here has a great signature explaining exactly why God does not exist, or why he is not as good as people give him credit for. But I'll actually give a couple of examples, one from the book of Genesis, and one from my life.

Adam and Eve. We all know the story, lets talk about the implications.

God puts the tree in the garden and says that can't eat from it. Let's think about this. Lucifer comes and tempts Eve, shit goes down, bad for mankind...blah blah blah

So either---
'
1) God put the tree there in full knowledge of Lucifer's plans to tempt Eve, and so ruin his creation, and does nothing. (God knows of evil, and does nothing) He is not benevolent.

2) God put the tree in there in full knowledge of Lucifer's plans to tempt Eve, and is incapable of stopping Lucifer. (God knows of evil, and cannot do anything to stop it) He is not all-powerful.

3) God put the tree in there, left, and had no idea what was going on until he came back and found them hiding. (God knows nothing of evil or can't see everything) he is not Omniscient.

Here's the personal example. Someone is being hurt on a daily basis. This person is praying for any kind of help, struggling to end the pain through fighting, through whatever means that person can think off. Years go by, and nothing happens until the person that is hurting the other either decides to stop, or kills the person they are hurting.

All three of the previous examples apply here. You claim that we don't believe because we are living a life full of sin. You live a day in my life, with all my memories, all my problems, all my thoughts, and you tell me why I don't believe.
"It is my view that the atomic bomb is only slightly less dangerous than religion." John Paschal, myself.

"The problem with humanity is not that we are all born inherently stupid, that's just common knowledge. No, the problem with humanity is that 95% of us never grow out of it." John Paschal, myself

Tank

Quote from: "GAYtheist"Someone on here has a great signature explaining exactly why God does not exist, or why he is not as good as people give him credit for. But I'll actually give a couple of examples, one from the book of Genesis, and one from my life.

God puts the tree in the garden and says that can't eat from it. Let's think about this. Lucifer comes and tempts Eve, shit goes down, bad for mankind...blah blah blah

So either---
'
1) God put the tree there in full knowledge of Lucifer's plans to tempt Eve, and so ruin his creation, and does nothing. (God knows of evil, and does nothing) He is not benevolent.

2) God put the tree in there in full knowledge of Lucifer's plans to tempt Eve, and is incapable of stopping Lucifer. (God knows of evil, and cannot do anything to stop it) He is not all-powerful.

3) God put the tree in there, left, and had no idea what was going on until he came back and found them hiding. (God knows nothing of evil or can't see everything) he is not Omniscient.

Here's the personal example. Someone is being hurt on a daily basis. This person is praying for any kind of help, struggling to end the pain through fighting, through whatever means that person can think off. Years go by, and nothing happens until the person that is hurting the other either decides to stop, or kills the person they are hurting.

All three of the previous examples apply here. You claim that we don't believe because we are living a life full of sin. You live a day in my life, with all my memories, all my problems, all my thoughts, and you tell me why I don't believe.
Too late, Billy Bob has left us to hell fire and damnation  :verysad:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

GAYtheist

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "GAYtheist"Someone on here has a great signature explaining exactly why God does not exist, or why he is not as good as people give him credit for. But I'll actually give a couple of examples, one from the book of Genesis, and one from my life.

So either---
'

Too late, Billy Bob has left us to hell fire and damnation  :verysad:

For a god that loves us Right?
"It is my view that the atomic bomb is only slightly less dangerous than religion." John Paschal, myself.

"The problem with humanity is not that we are all born inherently stupid, that's just common knowledge. No, the problem with humanity is that 95% of us never grow out of it." John Paschal, myself

Tank

Quote from: "GAYtheist"
Quote from: "Tank"Too late, Billy Bob has left us to hell fire and damnation  :D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

GAYtheist

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "Tank"Too late, Billy Bob has left us to hell fire and damnation  :D

Is that an invitation for bed time? Sorry hun, I'm taken.

Tank

Quote from: "Tank"Will you flame in hell with me  :D

Thumpalumpacus

Wow, a Protestant fan of Tertullian.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Billy Bob Jenkins"I am sure however that you must lead a life rife with sin and blasphemy,
Deinition of "rife"
(1) Most frequent or common
(2) Excessively abundant

Any other atheists feeling they're not getting their share of sin?

hismikeness

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"
Quote from: "Billy Bob Jenkins"I am sure however that you must lead a life rife with sin and blasphemy,
Deinition of "rife"
(2) Excessively abundant

I do my share of the blaspheming, but definitely NOT most frequently nor excessive in any way.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

elliebean

My very existence is a sin to BB and his kind, so they may judge, but I'll never stop 'sinning'.
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

The Magic Pudding

I award no points to people who are only "good" because they are under duress.

Thumpalumpacus

Deinition of "rife"
(2) Excessively abundant

I'm feeling short-changed.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Tank

Deinition of "rife"
(2) Excessively abundant

I think I'm doing all right in the sin department  :blush:

The Magic Pudding

Trash this world, there's a better one to come.
Despair is a sin.

pinkocommie

Quote from: "Billy Bob Jenkins"I can see from the way the staff are jumping all over me that satan has this place pretty much locked down. That being said this will be my last post here. Enjoy Hell, atheists.

Haha, what a coward.  :D
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/