News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

10 Things About Yourself

Started by Cecilie, May 16, 2010, 10:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Squid on December 11, 2011, 01:04:00 AM
I've always been interested in learning to speak Jive.

You mean like this?  jive talking scene
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

yepimonfire

1.I'm 20 years old
2.I'm an engineering student
3.I drink approximately 12 cups of coffee a day
4.My favorite color is black
5.Last time i took an IQ test i got 180
6.I am probably the tallest person on this forum (not disclosing my height on a public forum)
7.I am not really on fire.  ;D
8.I also probably have the biggest feet on this forum
9.I grew up in four different states
10.(will have to add 10 later)

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: yepimonfire on December 13, 2011, 11:20:14 PM
9.I grew up in four different states

Only four eh?

Confusion, resentment, ignorance, joy, despair, contradiction, boredom, anger, annoyance, dread, anxiety.....

yepimonfire

hahaha. we're talking PHYSICAL states here. michigan, indiana, massachusetts and finally, delaware.

don't get me started on how many times i moved to a new place in each of those states  ::)

Ecurb Noselrub

1.I'm 20 years old

Congratulations. There are relatively few Americans that major in engineering of any type now, whereas we used to lead the world. The Chinese are kicking our asses.  Hang in there and graduate.

You must have cheated.  ;D  Are you at MIT? Harvard?   With an IQ like this, you will need to at least win a Nobel Prize or you will be considered an underachiever.

yepimonfire

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 14, 2011, 03:25:00 AM

1.I'm 20 years old

Congratulations. There are relatively few Americans that major in engineering of any type now, whereas we used to lead the world. The Chinese are kicking our asses.  Hang in there and graduate.

You must have cheated.  ;D  Are you at MIT? Harvard?   With an IQ like this, you will need to at least win a Nobel Prize or you will be considered an underachiever.

no, i didn't cheat haha, and being intelligent does not make you automatically smart, i do and say some pretty stupid things, the only benefit is the ability to experience myself saying and doing those stupid things in a much more profound way  ;D

sometimes i consider it to be a curse. i can't just accept things at face value, i often find myself attempting to analyze and deconstruct everything, even the most simple things. everything that happens around me in my day to day life almost always brings up a questioning of it. things that people go about experiencing and reacting to subconsciously, become something i consciously recognize and analyze, such as body language, or human behavior for example. people who know me will tell you that if i've spent enough time around a person, i can read them like a book, and play them like a game. i will admit this has come in handy at times, especially with women  ;)

hopefully that makes sense...

also, to answer the other question, no, i am not at MIT or harvard. while i would like to go to either of those, it is really out of my reach to do so financially, my family is living paycheck to paycheck, and i have been unable to find work since august so i'm going to school solely on financial aid. i'm doing a program through a local tech school where i can take the first two years of purdue's engineering course there, which saves me a huge amount of money (and time, since the college is in the town i live in). once i finish that i will be finishing the rest of my degree at purdue, provided everything works out as planned.

Tank

Quote from: yepimonfire on December 14, 2011, 02:50:46 AM
hahaha. we're talking PHYSICAL states here. michigan, indiana, massachusetts and finally, delaware.

don't get me started on how many times i moved to a new place in each of those states  ::)

How old were you when you were finally assembled?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: yepimonfire on December 14, 2011, 05:23:10 AMi can't just accept things at face value, i often find myself attempting to analyze and deconstruct everything, even the most simple things.
No need for an IQ of 180 for that... I always do it too. (Although, according to a psychologist who tested me, I am in the top 2% enough to join the Mensa... But I WAS having a perfect day and took the test after a perfect smoke. That's 10 extra points, right there.  :P ...And Mensa?! The Asmo?! Nah, not my kind of coffee club. )
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

I also have a high-ish IQ, and like yepimonfire I thought it a curse when I was young.  However, if it had been an asset with the girls I'd have changed my mind.

I don't fancy Mensa either.  Seems to me it's for people with a need to prove something.  Fair enough if you're bright but with no qualifications; my degree does that for me.

yepimonfire

Quote from: OldGit on December 14, 2011, 11:13:31 AM
I also have a high-ish IQ, and like yepimonfire I thought it a curse when I was young.  However, if it had been an asset with the girls I'd have changed my mind.

I don't fancy Mensa either.  Seems to me it's for people with a need to prove something.  Fair enough if you're bright but with no qualifications; my degree does that for me.

my grandmother was mensa. high intelligence runs in my family. my dad has and grandmother both have an IQ of 160. my mother an IQ of 140. so i get it from both sides. mensa is weird though.

The Magic Pudding

I used to have a high IQ but I forgot where I left it.

OldGit

^  Somewhere up high.  Try the top shelf.

Asmodean

Quote from: yepimonfire on December 14, 2011, 03:23:57 PM
mensa is weird though.
Too many in the local coffee club seem a bit too stuck-up about it... AND, at times, overly posessive of their place on the IQ hierarchy, from what I hear.

I guess it can just be down to the insecurities of those posessing a high lQ, but little to no social intelligence...
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

yepimonfire

Quote from: Asmodean on December 14, 2011, 03:45:25 PM
Quote from: yepimonfire on December 14, 2011, 03:23:57 PM
mensa is weird though.
Too many in the local coffee club seem a bit too stuck-up about it... AND, at times, overly posessive of their place on the IQ hierarchy, from what I hear.

I guess it can just be down to the insecurities of those posessing a high lQ, but little to no social intelligence...

what do you mean exactly by "social intelligence"?