News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Questions about homosexuality.

Started by Tanker, August 05, 2009, 04:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanker

Quote from: "-43-"Okay, if you want some thorough answers this is what I can do:

Homosexuality exists for a myriad of reasons, an emotional need created by childhood circumstances, a possible genetic mutation, a simple animal need for any form of sexual contact, a dissolutionment or dissatisfaction with members of the opposite sex, an adaptation to circumstances (such as that which exist in prison) and an emotional connection which has been intensified. These seem to be the major contributing factors to homosexuality.

As for the flamboyance, it's a call to attention, and it is by no means a universal trend in homosexuals. Those who dress as such usually enjoy a "shock value" or identify themselves with gay pop culture icons (Perez Hilton comes to mind). It is much like the baggy pants worn by gangsters or the emo haircuts, it's to fit in to some social group.

On another note: I enjoy being concise, occam's razor.

While my original questions was why it exists despite evolution, some of you reasons are quite valide while also not being quite the from birth homosexuality I was originaly asking about. more reasons of choice, convience, or circumstance. Still all around good points.

On flamboyance as I stated earlier in the post I was ONLY asking about the sub-group of homosexuals who act in this way. not the stereotype of all of them acting that way. I even found my own answer, which you might have read if you had bothered.

Being concies is a great quality. However you failed to read this or other topics topics fully or even enough to get a good apreciation of the conversation before answering which is not being concise it's being obtuse. Ie; your original reponse to this topic was not related to the conversation.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Arctonyx

Quote from: "Tanker"While my original questions was why it exists despite evolution, some of you reasons are quite valide while also not being quite the from birth homosexuality I was originaly asking about. more reasons of choice, convience, or circumstance. Still all around good points.

Some current ideas suggest that homosexuality is passed down through family trees. Some research was done on Monkey's, and it was found that homosexual monkey's spent much more time caring for the young, gathering food and protecting the group then a heterosexual male normally would. So although there would not be a greater number of offspring, the offspring they did have were more likely to survive and prosper. So brothers and sisters of the homosexual monkey who had offspring, were passing down genes that could mean future generations have homosexual monkey's (because it's good for the overall welfare of the group).

It's an area that hasn't been studied a huge amount, because of the taboo that existed, and still persists around gay culture and homosexuality today. But the research that is being done is finding several reasons why in evolutionary terms, that a small percentage of homosexual members of a species could improve it's overall welfare.
This situation requires a special mix of psychology, and extreme violence! - The Young Ones

Tanker

Quote from: "Arctonyx"
Quote from: "Tanker"While my original questions was why it exists despite evolution, some of you reasons are quite valide while also not being quite the from birth homosexuality I was originaly asking about. more reasons of choice, convience, or circumstance. Still all around good points.

Some current ideas suggest that homosexuality is passed down through family trees. Some research was done on Monkey's, and it was found that homosexual monkey's spent much more time caring for the young, gathering food and protecting the group then a heterosexual male normally would. So although there would not be a greater number of offspring, the offspring they did have were more likely to survive and prosper. So brothers and sisters of the homosexual monkey who had offspring, were passing down genes that could mean future generations have homosexual monkey's (because it's good for the overall welfare of the group).

It's an area that hasn't been studied a huge amount, because of the taboo that existed, and still persists around gay culture and homosexuality today. But the research that is being done is finding several reasons why in evolutionary terms, that a small percentage of homosexual members of a species could improve it's overall welfare.

I believe something to this was posted earlier. I found it the most reasonable exlination when I saw it then.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Arctonyx

Quote from: "Tanker"
Quote from: "Arctonyx"

I believe something to this was posted earlier. I found it the most reasonable exlination when I saw it then.

Ah ok, sorry I've entered this conversation rather late and only thoroughly read the first page of replies :P
This situation requires a special mix of psychology, and extreme violence! - The Young Ones

iNow

Quote from: "-43-"Homosexuality exists for a myriad of reasons, an emotional need created by childhood circumstances...
Some of your proposals were correct, but your first one is horribly off.  If you truly wish to learn more, here is something I've contributed recently on this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3508&p=48599#p48599
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3508&p=48633#p48633

-43-

Quote from: "iNow"
Quote from: "-43-"Homosexuality exists for a myriad of reasons, an emotional need created by childhood circumstances...
Some of your proposals were correct, but your first one is horribly off.  If you truly wish to learn more, here is something I've contributed recently on this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3508&p=48599#p48599
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3508&p=48633#p48633
I would agree, except that first case applies to my lesbian cousin, which is why it was first.