News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Re: Fox News Complains about New York Times' "Atheist Agenda"

Started by Will, May 31, 2009, 06:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

[youtube:xz1l7zxv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isv8f_h_0jM[/youtube:xz1l7zxv]

Oh..and they think right wing American Christians are being persecuted  wtf

VietnamVet-BRIGHT

I love it ... notice how these Right Wingers didn't touch the real issue of growing atheism ... instead, they attacked the messenger (New York Times) that put this news on the front page.  Classic and predictable Christian ad hominem tactics.

Tanker

Wouldn't the only reason to take exception to an "Atheist Agenda" is if you had a religious agenda?
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Will

That "conservatives are more generous" thing is a very serious oversimplification of a relatively complex set of social variables. In fact, according the the author of the study, "religious liberals actually tend to be more generous than religious conservatives", butâ€"and here's the kickerâ€"it doesn't have anything to do with the religion! It's not the faith that drives people to action, but rather having a community involved in giving. Atheists involved in charitable organizations aren't any less likely to donate to charity than religious people. I suspect that's why the NYT didn't put the fallicious conclusion on their cover.
http://www.usnews.com/blogs/god-and-country/2009/05/05/religious-conservatives-are-more-generous-but-thats-only-half-the-story.html

Also, Hannity is a walking logical fallacy. I've played several games of cognitive bias bingo watching Hannity. It's a lot of fun. In nearly every segment, Hannity exhibits virtually every known psychological bias and logical fallacy in the book.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

McQ

Do you guys have Closed Captioning for Fox News? It's the only way I'd ever understand them! When I hear them start talking, all I can hear is, "Blah-blah, blahblahblahblahblah...blahblahblah...blah...blahblah."

Sometimes I hear, "Ack-ack!. Ack-ACK-ACK-ACK!"

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

curiosityandthecat

-Curio

Jolly Sapper

Quote from: "McQ"Do you guys have Closed Captioning for Fox News? It's the only way I'd ever understand them! When I hear them start talking, all I can hear is, "Blah-blah, blahblahblahblahblah...blahblahblah...blah...blahblah."

lol

BadPoison

Quote from: "McQ"Do you guys have Closed Captioning for Fox News? It's the only way I'd ever understand them! When I hear them start talking, all I can hear is, "Blah-blah, blahblahblahblahblah...blahblahblah...blah...blahblah."

It was the only news channel on at the gym the other day. I watched the closed captioning for thirty minutes on the tread mill! Getting angry at Hannity is better motivation for burning calories than Disturbed's "Ten Thousand Fists"
 lol

VietnamVet-BRIGHT

Quote from: "Tanker"Wouldn't the only reason to take exception to an "Atheist Agenda" is if you had a religious agenda?

Great point!

karadan

I'm amazed such blatant hate-fuelled propaganda is allowed to be aired. Is there no such thing as just 'news' any more?

I find it strange that christianity aligns itself with conservatism to the point where the word 'liberal' is a swear word. Where i live, conservatives can be atheist or religious just as liberals can be atheist or religious. Is this a conscious move on the part of religion in the US?
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

JillSwift

Quote from: "karadan"I'm amazed such blatant hate-fuelled propaganda is allowed to be aired. Is there no such thing as just 'news' any more?

I find it strange that christianity aligns itself with conservatism to the point where the word 'liberal' is a swear word. Where i live, conservatives can be atheist or religious just as liberals can be atheist or religious. Is this a conscious move on the part of religion in the US?
Y'know, I think it is.

Dominionism.
[size=50]Teleology]

karadan

Quote from: "JillSwift"
Quote from: "karadan"I'm amazed such blatant hate-fuelled propaganda is allowed to be aired. Is there no such thing as just 'news' any more?

Y'know, I think it is.

Dominionism.

Wow, thanks for that. I just learnt something new.  :)
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

MommaSquid

There is very little news content in news programing any more.  It's all about entertainment and ratings...short attention span theater.  Even local news has huge gaps in the information they report on a story.  They scratch the surface and then move on to the next story.  

I really hate when a reporter promises to keep an eye on the story and report back again on the issue--they never do!