News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Israel is nothing but trouble...

Started by Asmodean, January 11, 2009, 05:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Look! Now WE have riots over that dump of a place in the middle of the desert!

Now THIS is something you don't see every day - our cops actually had to dig forth and use their riot gear which has been largely collecting dust for the past 30 years...

Quote from: "News"In Oslo, the torchlight procession for peace was preceeded by a demonstration outside the Parliament buildings (Stortinget) in support of Israel.

Despite a large number of police, which erected barriers to protect the pro Israeli demonstrators, a large crowd of pro-Palestinian demonstrators gathered, shouting slogans and also throwing rocks and bottles.

The police therefore used teargas in an effort at trying to disperse the attackers, but in the end they were forced to terminate the pro-Israeli demonstration as well.

Six people, five of them policemen, were injured in the street battle which is described by the police as the worst in Oslo i 30 years. More  than 30 people were detained, 12 of them have been charged with violence against the police and grievous bodily harm.

The support committee for Gaza has condemned the use of violence in Thursday's demonstration, critisising in particular the young Palestinians who took part in turning it into a street fight
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

wazzz

it's sad thing what happen in Gaza a demonstration in all over the world Greece -Norway- France -Arab world indeed  :crazy:
but on the other hand Hamas is like so hard to get on with
so two pain in the ass in one place  :P
int main()
{
cout<<"Hello World ";
return 0;
}

Asmodean

Quote from: "wazzz"so two pain in the ass in one place  :mad:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

curiosityandthecat

Honestly, I'm so tired of this "holy land" crap. I don't have some big diatribe to go on. I just wanted to say that.

It's stupid and people are killing each other for no good reason. Period.
-Curio

SSY

Quote from: "Asmodean"

What? the isreali protestors in your example were fine, it was the pro palestinians that caused the trouble.

The same thing happened in london, isreal supporters, no problems caused

palestine supporters, looting and violence.

Also, in case it is relavent, i think isreal are totally justified in what they are doing in gaza, you can't roket your eighbour for years without expecting some sort of retaliation.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Wraitchel

I have had to keep my mouth shut over Israel for years because I have so many Jewish friends. I fear Bill Maher is right on target with his prediction of the world coming to an end over it. It is ridiculous. Peace between Israel and Palestine is not possible. It never will be. I wish we could just send them all to the moon!

Tom62

I also keep my mouth shut about Israel, because I cannot say anything bad about Israel here in Germany without being called an anti-Semite.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Will

Israel, why haven't you learned? It wasn't even 70 years ago that a more powerful military and political force, in the guise of government, was driving you our of Europe when not killing you. They forced you from your homes. They sent you to slums and camps. They killed you en masse. And they thought it was because of some solemn right.

Why haven't you learned?

Palestine, why haven't you learned? Ever since the occupation of Palestine, the guerrilla tactics colloquially called "terrorism" have been employed by more radical elements among you to try and gain political power and independence. All they've done is get you hated. All they've accomplished is to allow you to be labeled as "terrorists" by most media outlets and allowed your critics to summarily dismiss all of your grievances. What kind of response, from the people who could actually help you, would you expect from seeing you blow yourselves up to kill civilians in a populated area?

Why haven't you learned?

I suggest that Jerusalem is taken from Israel and Palestine and made to be international territory and to be occupied by an international security force indefinitely. I suggest returning to the 1967 borders, and allowing Palestine to rule Palestine and Israel to rule Israel. I demand that the US stop funding and arming Israel, and I demand Europe and Arab countries stop arming Palestine. I demand that Hamas be disbanded. I demand that current and previous Israeli leadership and Hamas leadership stand trial for war crimes.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

VanReal

Quote from: "Asmodean"

What? Rightful owners? Are you aware of what the fight over there is about?
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. (Kathy Norris)
They say I have ADHD but I think they are full of...oh, look a kitty!! (unknown)

Will

Quote from: "VanReal"What? Rightful owners? Are you aware of what the fight over there is about?
You're right, it's not as simple as "the Palestinians were there first". The British were the occupying government before. The Ottomans were there before the British. Before the Ottomans, it was Egypt. Before Egypt, it was the Ottomans again, then the crusades. Still, throughout all of these conquests, there have been a group of people indigenous to the area. These indigenous people are not Jewish people from Europe, but Muslim, Christian, and Jewish Arabs. As far as government is concerned, it seems that that area will be ruled by the conquers and occupiers, as is currently the case. Belong? It would seem to be that the ethical solution is to allow indigenous people to govern themselves. Unfortunately the historical, social, religious, and extremist complications really do tend to force ethics out of a situation like this.

imho.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Recusant

Quote from: "Willravel"These indigenous people are not Jewish people from Europe, but Muslim, Christian, and Jewish Arabs

This got me thinking and looking around.  I found Arabic Jews or Jewish Arabs, which opened my eyes a bit.  I had known that there was such a thing as "Jewish Arabs," but the story is such to give one pause.  It seems there is always another layer, if you examine a situation like this...  I especially appreciated the feedback from the anonymous Palestinian in the blog.

Quote from: "Willravel"I suggest that Jerusalem is taken from Israel and Palestine and made to be international territory and to be occupied by an international security force indefinitely.

I like this idea, but I don't think it would do much to satisfy the Palestinians or their backers, and probably would have little calming effect on their actions :(
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Quote from: "SSY"What? the isreali protestors in your example were fine, it was the pro palestinians that caused the trouble.

The same thing happened in london, isreal supporters, no problems caused

palestine supporters, looting and violence.
They wouldn't have been protesting if the warmongering Israel didn't start yet another war.

Quote from: "SSY"Also, in case it is relavent, i think isreal are totally justified in what they are doing in gaza, you can't roket your eighbour for years without expecting some sort of retaliation.
I think the Palestinians are totally justified in spraying Israel with rockets. They should have had bigger rockets with high explosives though so they'd actually ruin something serious.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Will

Quote from: "Recusant"I like this idea, but I don't think it would do much to satisfy the Palestinians or their backers, and probably would have little calming effect on their actions :(
I'm less interested in their satisfaction and more interested in a lasting peace. The idea, in my mind, is to essentially send them to their respective rooms and stand at the door. to continue the metaphor, these kids haven't had a strong parental figure to monitor their behavior and punish them when they were bad. They need to understand that there are consequences for their actions, and those consequences aren't just the back and fourth between them.

I missed this:
Quote from: "SSY"Also, in case it is relavent, i think isreal are totally justified in what they are doing in gaza, you can't roket your eighbour for years without expecting some sort of retaliation.
Israel broke the cease-fire this time, and Palestine responded. That's not to excuse Hamas, of course, but let's not pretend that Israel is any kind of victim in this. Israel has repeatedly been guilty of both unreasonable asymmetrical military response and of often being the aggressor. Worse still, even though both parties are guilty in the ongoing conflict, the US really only supports one side and the support is substantial. We give them tons of money, military weapons and equipment, and we essentially render the UN useless by throwing our weight behind Israel every chance we get. Did you know that Israel has broken over 30 UN resolutions?

wazzz

the Zionist ideology is based on hate and how Jews are above the other human .
Israeli is like NAZI state which has the OK’s for everything it does from the security council  
i don’t know  how they justify killing kids and women in the name the war against Hamas it’s ridiculous thing to say the most stupid thing is that how come US Vito for any decision Israeli made without seeing the fact that Israeli is nothing but a killing machine
about history the Palestinian  are great people i had few friends of them (BTW do u know that Palestinian is the most educated people in the world i mean mostly who lives outside Israeli border)
  Palestine had so many Civilizations through history from Israeli kingdom which didn’t last that long by the way and Kennan Arab kingdom
Roman in there’s 2 phases in Roman time and byzantine â€" Islamic empire in 2 phases and the Europeans crusades then the Egyptian then Ottoman empire and British (ask the Greek about history LOL)
it’s ok to have many Civilizations but it’s not ok to kill people and force them to leave as the Israeli army had done by lead of Ben gorien
 in ARAb-Israeli war in 1948
the Palestinian  had their land and the Israeli forces come to their houses and through them away imagine someone who did that to u
don’t u have to furious or not?
the land was to Palestinian  Israeli came i don’t mind seeing Israeli state but i do mind when i see that a country raises on the grave of the Palestinian  people
it’s sad tragedy
 :mad:
int main()
{
cout<<"Hello World ";
return 0;
}

Sophus

I say we nuke it and be done with it.  :lol:
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver