News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Athiesm and sex

Started by Messenger, December 17, 2008, 10:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DropLogic

My sister is a beautiful woman.  Has a very fit figure, and all of my friends have tried to bang her at some point in my life.  I'm sure some have succeeded.  Anyway, although she is probably a 9 or 10 on most men's scales, I am not sexually attracted to her in the least.  I don't know if that is the programming of nature that some people above mentioned or what...I just don't get randy when I think about my sister.  Can't really explain it.

LegendarySandwich

Quote from: "Sophus"
Quote from: "Kylyssa"
Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"I don't think that there are any reasons for people being repelled by harmless incest other than how we evolved and society. I would say the Bible is almost pro-incest (unless it states that incest is wrong somewhere in the New Testament, which I doubt), so it can't be religion, at least in America.

American mainstream Christianity has adopted plenty of things that are not in the Bible.  For instance, the objectors to polygamy often claim that it is against God even though many of the Bible's main characters practiced polygamy and no objection was noted.
Or, for that matter, premarital sex. There is not one verse in the Bible that condemns it.
Really? Are you sure?

Sophus

Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"
Quote from: "Sophus"Or, for that matter, premarital sex. There is not one verse in the Bible that condemns it.
Really? Are you sure?
Yup. It was completely acceptable (and practiced) until Saint Augustine came along. It was a political move at the time that has survived as a modern meme among most Christians.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "DropLogic"My sister is a beautiful woman.  Has a very fit figure, and all of my friends have tried to bang her at some point in my life.  I'm sure some have succeeded.  Anyway, although she is probably a 9 or 10 on most men's scales, I am not sexually attracted to her in the least.  I don't know if that is the programming of nature that some people above mentioned or what...I just don't get randy when I think about my sister.  Can't really explain it.

So what's her phone #?
Illegitimi non carborundum.

fazFwQo83

... this idiot has totally disproved the theory that religious people cannot be THAT stupid. this poll seems to be clear evidence that some of them, in fact, are THAT stupid.

Asmodean

Quote from: "fazFwQo83"the theory that religious people cannot be THAT stupid.

That there... Is an actual THEORY?!  :eek: I thought it was just something religious people told themselves every night before the wet dreams about Jesus... Or Muhammed... Or whatever it is the Jews have wet dreams about...
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Thumpalumpacus

Personally, I like his misspelling of "discussting", for irony if nothing else; he certainly had no interest in discussing.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

fazFwQo83

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "fazFwQo83"the theory that religious people cannot be THAT stupid.

That there... Is an actual THEORY?!

Well ... it WAS a theory. Not anymore! It just got shot to shit ...

karadan

Quote from: "DropLogic"My sister is a beautiful woman.  Has a very fit figure, and all of my friends have tried to bang her at some point in my life.  I'm sure some have succeeded.  Anyway, although she is probably a 9 or 10 on most men's scales, I am not sexually attracted to her in the least.  I don't know if that is the programming of nature that some people above mentioned or what...I just don't get randy when I think about my sister.  Can't really explain it.

I used to get annoyed with the constant nagging from my friends on how hot they thought my sister was. I don't want to hear how hot my sister is because she is my sister and i don't see her that way. In that respect, i totally see where you are coming from. I feel bad for blokes with young hot mothers as well. It cannot be nice to have friends letching over your mother.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Inevitable Droid

Quote from: "Sophus"Yup. It [premarital sex] was completely acceptable (and practiced) until Saint Augustine came along. It was a political move at the time that has survived as a modern meme among most Christians.

As always, the bible can be made to argue for any conclusion the thumper wants it to.  Sometimes, all that's required is semantic sleight of hand.  What does the word fornication mean?  Setting aside the fact that this word will be an English translation of either an Aramaic or a Greek word, depending on which portion of the bible we're reading, the English word is usually defined by thumpers as, "unlawful sex," which of course is a culturally contextual phrase, enabling thumpers to make it mean whatever they want it to mean - their favorite hobby.

Incidentally, my Random House Webster's College Dictionary defines fornication as, "voluntary sexual intercourse between two unmarried persons or two persons not married to each other."  This would include two people who haven't yet wed, or would mean that for Americans today.  For Jews two thousand or three thousand years ago, two people were viewed as married for most intents and purposes from the moment they became betrothed to one another.  I ask the girl to marry me, and if she says yes, and if her father says yes, we're betrothed, and for most intents and purposes married, in particular with respect to sexual intercourse not being fornication.
Oppose Abraham.

[Missing image]

In the face of mystery, do science, not theology.