News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Professor Richard Dawkins interviews Father George Coyne

Started by joeactor, December 14, 2008, 03:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Here's an interesting article, with video... I haven't had a chance to view the video yet, but the article was fascinating.  I think it gives a much more upbeat view of Dawkins, and a better image of some who believe...

Professor Richard Dawkins interviews Father George Coyne about his faith

Professor Richard Dawkins interviewed Father George Coyne for his program "The Genius of Charles Darwin." Although the interview did not make the program, it was a remarkable interview, and it can now be seen on the Internet.

Tom62

Thanks for posting the interview. It was highly fascinating. The way Father George Coyne points out the mistakes of creationists and fundamentalist Christians is absolutely brilliant.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

joeactor

Quote from: "Tom62"Thanks for posting the interview. It was highly fascinating. The way Father George Coyne points out the mistakes of creationists and fundamentalist Christians is absolutely brilliant.
Absolutely.  He's a thinking man's believer to be sure.  Many times he's pointing out that it's not the conclusion that is incorrect, but the question that is inappropriate.

Think or Thwim,
JoeActor

Kyuuketsuki

It strikes me that if the Priests and Penguins who had taught me at school had been like him I might well still be a Catholic.

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]

Tom62

I loved it when Father George Coyne said "If I would have be looking for a God of Explanations then I would have become an atheist myself". On this forum we are constantly attacked by Christians want explanations from us about evolution etc. So here is a priest, who clearly says that it you are looking for explanations you will not find it in religion but in science. Respect!
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Improbable

I agree that was an awesome part!
     I loved the whole interview. It was great.
'Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence.' - Richard Dawkins.
   'We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.' - Richard Dawkins.