News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Killing is OK?

Started by Messenger, December 03, 2008, 11:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuff

Quote from: "Messenger"
Quote from: "wazzz"it's not and it will never will be ?
why mmm let me see u see if u are agree that u make Action X to another person
if u accept the action X to b applied to u then it's comfortably to do it on ur own self .
that's the rule of morale  :D
but you are violating this rule yourself
You eat chicken, cows and even trees
Some day (in dreams) some those can evolve into bumans (something intelligent like humans) and start eating us
Are you eating them because you are stronger and they are helpless?
I don't see why Hitler was wrong  :crazy:

If nothing else, due to the Non-Aggression Principle! Hooray!
It's the eating specifically that we're talking about now, I think we've well established the scenarios in which killing is permissible, and there aren't many.

I still don't quite understand what wazzz is talking about.
"Think as I think," said a man,
"Or you are abominably wicked;
You are a toad."

And after I had thought of it,
I said, "I will, then, be a toad."

-Stephen Crane

A Toad

BadPoison

Quote from: "chuff"
Quote from: "wazzz"it's not and it will never will be ?
why mmm let me see u see if u are agree that u make Action X to another person
if u accept the action X to b applied to u then it's comfortably to do it on ur own self .
that's the rule of morale  :D
but you are violating this rule yourself
You eat chicken, cows and even trees
Some day (in dreams) some those can evolve into bumans (something intelligent like humans) and start eating us
Are you eating them because you are stronger and they are helpless?
I don't see why Hitler was wrong  :crazy:

If nothing else, due to the Non-Aggression Principle! Hooray!
It's the eating specifically that we're talking about now, I think we've well established the scenarios in which killing is permissible, and there aren't many.

I still don't quite understand what wazzz is talking about.
It makes more sense when you drop acid.

Wechtlein Uns

wazz's grammar is proving difficult for me to comprehend as well.

And in a sense, if hitler had been strong enough to complete his "master race project", then it wouldn't have been "immoral", because the people who would think so would be dead, and the universe wouldn't give a rat's bum.

Aaa! :crazy:
"What I mean when I use the term "god" represents nothing more than an interactionist view of the universe, a particularite view of time, and an ever expansive view of myself." -- Jose Luis Nunez.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "BadPoison"It makes more sense when you drop acid.

Everything makes more sense when you drop acid.

Oh, wow, look at all those pretty colors...
-Curio

chuff

Quote from: "Wechtlein Uns"wazz's grammar is proving difficult for me to comprehend as well.

And in a sense, if hitler had been strong enough to complete his "master race project", then it wouldn't have been "immoral", because the people who would think so would be dead, and the universe wouldn't give a rat's bum.

Aaa! :crazy:

If he had completed his project the way he wanted, then all the silly "ethical" "problems" surrounding so much as a mention of the topic of race would not be problems at all.
"Think as I think," said a man,
"Or you are abominably wicked;
You are a toad."

And after I had thought of it,
I said, "I will, then, be a toad."

-Stephen Crane

A Toad

bowmore

Quote from: "Messenger"You eat chicken, cows and even trees

After some thinking about this, I've come to a fairly simple conclusion.

We are forced to eat living things to survive. Any judgement on which beings to eat and which not is subjective.
I eat what I was taught to eat. That doesn't include humans.
"Rational arguments don’t usually work on religious people. Otherwise there would be no religious people."

House M.D.

Asmodean

Being omnivores, it is ok for us to eat other life forms. Personally, I don't like the idea of chewing on someone's @ss, BUT in extreme condition and under the right circumstances, I would probably do it. Would it be OK? That's a question of perspective. But would it be justified? In my eyes - absolutely.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sophus

I guess Messenger would rather be eaten than to eat. If my life depended upon it I would probably resort to cannibalism. But I wouldn't indulge in human flesh for the taste of it like this guy:

‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Messenger

Quote from: "bowmore"After some thinking about this, I've come to a fairly simple conclusion.

We are forced to eat living things to survive. Any judgement on which beings to eat and which not is subjective.
I eat what I was taught to eat. That doesn't include humans.
Survival of the fittest
So let's assume that after some years, the earth dried out and Chinese (As they eat almost everything) decided to make human farms to eat from them
or attack you for food
Would you start eating Chinese instead of starvation  :crazy:

bowmore

Quote from: "Messenger"Would you start eating Chinese instead of starvation  :crazy:

And what would we feed the "cattle"? This thought experiment is flawed. (not to mention racist)
"Rational arguments don’t usually work on religious people. Otherwise there would be no religious people."

House M.D.

Messenger

Quote from: "bowmore"
Quote from: "Messenger"Would you start eating Chinese instead of starvation  :crazy:

And what would we feed the "cattle"? This thought experiment is flawed. (not to mention racist)
We will feed them things that we don't like to eat (including our dead people)  :devil:
Criminals, Very ill people (We should not spend tax money on them), disabled people (they are not beneficial for the society), Very old (non working people), very stupid people (like George bush), etc.

Squid

Quote from: "Messenger"...(like George bush)...

This I agree with.

bowmore

Quote from: "Messenger"We will feed them things that we don't like to eat (including our dead people)  :devil:
Criminals, Very ill people (We should not spend tax money on them), disabled people (they are not beneficial for the society), Very old (non working people), very stupid people (like George bush), etc.

If you're feeding people people you're just moving the problem along, the criminals, very ill, etc, also had to eat before they make a meal.
The problem is you can't raise a person to adulthood on just one person to eat. You're expending resources more rapidly than you can produce them.
There is a reason predators are fewer in number than their prey.

House M.D.

Messenger

Quote from: "bowmore"If you're feeding people people you're just moving the problem along, the criminals, very ill, etc, also had to eat before they make a meal.
The problem is you can't raise a person to adulthood on just one person to eat. You're expending resources more rapidly than you can produce them.
Yes, I wan to (un-naturally) select better people
Hi Hitler  :upset:

bowmore

Quote from: "bowmore"If you're feeding people people you're just moving the problem along, the criminals, very ill, etc, also had to eat before they make a meal.
Yes, I wan to (un-naturally) select better people
Hi Hitler  :upset:

You'd fail miserably (no matter what your selection criteria), as your resource management would result in total annihilation within weeks. If there's anything your thought experiment shows it is why we are not cannibals.

House M.D.