Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Laminin is Proof of Jesus?

Started by Shalo'zier, October 17, 2008, 07:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PipeBox

Quote from: "Titan"BLASPHEMY!

I agree.

Quote from: "Titan"But it sounds like you waste your time with things that are more noble...I wish I was the same.

The nobility of knowledge and its acquirement, I would argue, centers largely on its use.  I haven't written any papers or developed any new technologies, but I will try to explain various things to anyone standing too close to me in a room for too great a duration, provided I don't think they'll hit me.   :lol:

But hey, if you want be more like me, awesome.   :D
If sin may be committed through inaction, God never stopped.

My soul, do not seek eternal life, but exhaust the realm of the possible.
-- Pindar

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "Titan"
QuoteNo it doesn't ... it doesn't deal in the slightest with why your supposedly all-knowing, all-powerful, perfect God can't create something even a simple human engineer can't improve on.
You mean to say that there is no way for God to be real if He creates things that people can understand? You are also still claiming that those things were flawed prior to the fall. A claim Christians reject.

If you're taking the theistic evolution perspective then I won;t argue though its not a view I support but if you're suggesting that your God had a direct hand in designing some aspects of nature such as the obviously flawed "design" of the excretory/reproductive system in humans then my point stands. It really depends on where you stand (more what perspective you're coming from) on this.

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]

Titan

Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"
Quote from: "Titan"
QuoteNo it doesn't ... it doesn't deal in the slightest with why your supposedly all-knowing, all-powerful, perfect God can't create something even a simple human engineer can't improve on.
You mean to say that there is no way for God to be real if He creates things that people can understand? You are also still claiming that those things were flawed prior to the fall. A claim Christians reject.

If you're taking the theistic evolution perspective then I won;t argue though its not a view I support but if you're suggesting that your God had a direct hand in designing some aspects of nature such as the obviously flawed "design" of the excretory/reproductive system in humans then my point stands. It really depends on where you stand (more what perspective you're coming from) on this.

Kyu
What is inherently wrong with the excretory system being unified with the reproductive system? You aren't using both all the time and I don't think you are upset that you can't do both simultaneously...sounds like a pretty efficient use of space to me.
"Those who praise the light of fire, but blame it for its heat, should not be listened to, as they judge it according to their comfort or discomfort and not by its nature. They wish to see, but not to be burnt. They forget that this very light which pleases them so much is a discomfort to weak eyes and harms them..."
- St. Augustine

"The soul lives

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "Titan"What is inherently wrong with the excretory system being unified with the reproductive system? You aren't using both all the time and I don't think you are upset that you can't do both simultaneously...sounds like a pretty efficient use of space to me.

From a jury-rigged design perspective (naturalistic) yes indeed it is very "clever" (and I include in that the theistic evolution perspective) but it you're talking intelligent design then no it makes no sense at all quite simply from the perspective that a human engineer can envisage better.

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]

Titan

Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"
Quote from: "Titan"What is inherently wrong with the excretory system being unified with the reproductive system? You aren't using both all the time and I don't think you are upset that you can't do both simultaneously...sounds like a pretty efficient use of space to me.

From a jury-rigged design perspective (naturalistic) yes indeed it is very "clever" (and I include in that the theistic evolution perspective) but it you're talking intelligent design then no it makes no sense at all quite simply from the perspective that a human engineer can envisage better.

You didn't answer why it was not a great use of space and why it was bad?
"Those who praise the light of fire, but blame it for its heat, should not be listened to, as they judge it according to their comfort or discomfort and not by its nature. They wish to see, but not to be burnt. They forget that this very light which pleases them so much is a discomfort to weak eyes and harms them..."
- St. Augustine

"The soul lives