News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Catholics and the supernatural

Started by zorkan, May 19, 2024, 01:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zorkan

As I like a bit of the supernatural myself, we (the lapsed Catholics) now need to be on our guard.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/may/17/vatican-rules-supernatural-phenomena-crackdown-hoaxes#:~:text=Apparitions%20of%20the%20Virgin%20Mary,against%20potential%20scams%20and%20hoaxes.

No more apparitions, weeping Madonna's, miracles of the sky unless verified by the pope.
What next? No more incarnation, creed, mystery of the Eucharist?

Or could it be just the age we're now living in is a touch more sceptical?
Is the Catholic church, like Jesus, on toast?

Tank

That was an interesting article. I wonder how long it will be before the Catholic Church becomes the Catholic Club?  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

zorkan

Catholic church is a social club.
Only Catholics can sample the body and blood of X from being plain bread and wine only a minute or so before.
Non Catholics are told not to come to the communion.
Cannibalism is still alive and well.

Catholics also worship the Black Madonna.
But how many know why?
"Concerning why is she black--in Aramaic the language of Jesus--black means 'sorrowful'. It is a language of idioms. This links the Blessed Mother to Isis who was called 'sorrowing' in her search for Osiris."

Gerald Massey knew a thing or two.
He was the author of Ancient Egypt Light of the World.

https://tringlocalhistory.org.uk/massey/dpr_04_gnostic_and_historic.htm

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.