News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What did you have for lunch?

Started by Will, July 16, 2008, 06:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

While it's a blast to talk about atheism and science and current events here, it's also fun to just have a "this is what my day looks like" kinda place. I've posted this thread in other forums and everyone usually loves it.

So what did you have for lunch?

In a few minutes I'm going to a restaurant down the street and I'm ordering flounder and steamed veggies and spinach salad with friends from work. Yesterday I had a classic: the PBJ. With grape jelly, no less. It made me feel like a kid again.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Asmodean

I haven't had lunch today... Actually, I barely know what lunch is :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Jolly Sapper

Water, tortilla chips from the hippy food store, sandwich (consisting of home made honey wheat bread, fake lunch meat -wifey is a vegetarian, provolone cheese from hippy food store), a coka (because the parent in law came over for the Fourth of July and brought crap soda that I'd feel bad if I let it go to waste), and a small tupperware container of some choco-peanut butter- walnut cookies I made either Sunday or Monday.

Will

Quote from: "Asmodean"I haven't had lunch today... Actually, I barely know what lunch is :D
Dude, I've gotta mail you something. Maybe a PBJ. I've been mailing DVDs to a lot of my buddies who are deployed in Iraq and A-stan.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Asmodean

Quote from: "Willravel"Dude, I've gotta mail you something. Maybe a PBJ. I've been mailing DVDs to a lot of my buddies who are deployed in Iraq and A-stan.

ROFL!  :hide:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Msblue

Not much...some guacamole and tortilla chips.

Will

Tortilla chips seem to be really popular! Maybe Doritos! can sponsor an atheist get together!

Smallville

Wednesday is always Mexican day for a group of us from work. I try something different from the menu each time.
Today's was Enchilada Ranchero - four different enchiladas (beef, chicken, bean, and cheese) with a cheese sauce, topped lightly with a bed of lettuce, peppers, sour cream, and tomato.
Outstanding!
Two wrongs don't make a right but three left turns will.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." â€" Nietzsche
"Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt." - Clarence Darrow

Loffler

Taco Bell.

But I made myself walk the mile to get there, considering gas prices and the LA pollution and the exercise and sunlight (vitamin D) I'd get.

joeactor

Let's see...

Today was a turkey on tortilla with tofutti (soy cheese).
Plus some corn, an apple, and a bit of chocolate for dessert.

My Fridge - it's what's for lunch!,
JoeActor

quizlixx

i know this is gonna sound hippie-ish, but i had a couple of veggi-burgers. i'm not a vegiterian, kroger just makes really good veggi-burgers.
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "deadhead"i know this is gonna sound hippie-ish, but i had a couple of veggi-burgers. i'm not a vegiterian, kroger just makes really good veggi-burgers.

That's not the first time I've heard that. Maybe I'll have to go against my carnivorous tendencies and check 'em out.
-Curio

susangail

Quote from: "deadhead"i know this is gonna sound hippie-ish, but i had a couple of veggi-burgers. i'm not a vegiterian, kroger just makes really good veggi-burgers.
Hmm... I am a veggie, but I find most veggi-burgers disgusting. I should check that out...

As for me, wait, what did I have for lunch? Ha oh yeah, corn on the cob! I was planning on having a baked potato with it, but my clumsy self totally dropped it when I pulled it out of the microwave. It went EVERYWHERE. I laughed my ass off, it was great. It was hard to clean up though, it just smeared everywhere... but yeah, that was my lunch experience.  :D
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

Whitney

I had Pei-Wei (sp) some asian food chain restaurant here.  Not bad but also not great.  We have vendor lunch presentations on most Wednesdays...that's what he brought, it was free, and the rep wasn't boring.  So, I can't complain too much.

afreethinker30

I feel really bad I had sweets for lunch.Donuts a crawler with chocolate and one with jelly in it.Oh and a dark chocolate frappuccino from Starbucks.Dinner was better grilled cheeseburger with mayo and steamed broccoli with cheese.