News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What did you have for lunch?

Started by Will, July 16, 2008, 06:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Sapper

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"
Quote from: "deadhead"i know this is gonna sound hippie-ish, but i had a couple of veggi-burgers. i'm not a vegiterian, kroger just makes really good veggi-burgers.

That's not the first time I've heard that. Maybe I'll have to go against my carnivorous tendencies and check 'em out.

@deadhead.   They actually *make* the veggie burgers or just heat up something that they got shipped in?  If they hand make them.. kick ass!!

@curiosityandthecat.   Not all veggie burgers are made of soy protein.. Boca Burgers are made from mushrooms and when cooked on a skillet with some sautéed garlic, onion, and thin strips of bell peppers made a pretty tasty sammich..

quizlixx

Quote from: "Jolly Sapper"
Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"
Quote from: "deadhead"i know this is gonna sound hippie-ish, but i had a couple of veggi-burgers. i'm not a vegiterian, kroger just makes really good veggi-burgers.

That's not the first time I've heard that. Maybe I'll have to go against my carnivorous tendencies and check 'em out.

@deadhead.   They actually *make* the veggie burgers or just heat up something that they got shipped in?  If they hand make them.. kick ass!!

@curiosityandthecat.   Not all veggie burgers are made of soy protein.. Boca Burgers are made from mushrooms and when cooked on a skillet with some sautéed garlic, onion, and thin strips of bell peppers made a pretty tasty sammich..

yeah, my kroger makes veggi stuff at the deli counter.
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

rlrose328

I had a ham and roast beef sandwich on whole grain bread with a smidgeon of miracle whip, accompanied by baked Lay's chips (yuck).

HOWEVER... for dinner, we had KFC.  We all had a craving so we gave into it, as we do sometimes.  Okay, ALL the time.   :secret:
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

afreethinker30

Quote from: "rlrose328"I had a ham and roast beef sandwich on whole grain bread with a smidgeon of miracle whip, accompanied by baked Lay's chips (yuck).

HOWEVER... for dinner, we had KFC.  We all had a craving so we gave into it, as we do sometimes.  Okay, ALL the time.   ;)  So do we.But it's better then junk food.And they have yummy mac and cheese.

ewomack

Tofurkey sammich. Soy yogurt. Soy pudding. Water. No, I'm not in prison, I have dairy issues. The little lactose monsters get into my villi and wreak havoc. Darn critters.
Ed Womack
Get Milked

Asmodean

Wee! I had lunch today. Bought meself one of those pre-made lunch salads. A pasta and chicken one.  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

SteveS

Normally, I just eat something small for lunch, but today I splurged.  I did a frozen "Home Run Inn" personal pizza.  Nuked it (microwaved it, for the squares ;) ).

It was yummy.

myleviathan

I had carrot fudge and flat bread for lunch - which is a Morrocan dish. It's crushed carrots with nuts and clarified butter brown sugar, and spices. Yum.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

Tom62

Yesterday afternoon I had a wonderful Lahmacun for lunch.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

crocofish

Quote from: "laetusatheos"I had Pei-Wei (sp) some asian food chain restaurant here.  Not bad but also not great.
I ate at Pei-Wei today.  It's chain chinese (related to PF Chang's); it's OK.  I had Lo Mein and drank too much of their strong iced tea.  I was wired on caffeine all afternoon.
"The cloud condenses, and looks back on itself, in wonder." -- unknown

MariaEvri

iT's been three days now that I haven't had normal lunch. We are removing the tiles from our floor an dadding wooden floor, so its quite a hell here. I think for today Ill eat  a can of tuna.
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

MommaSquid

Today I had a Gala apple, some peanut butter and a handful of soy crisps.

GeniSoy has a line of soy products that are really good to snack on.  Yum! :pop:

myleviathan

Today I had shish kebabs for lunch. I made them at home with chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion and green peppers. Added a healthy dallop of olive oil, garlic salt, pepper, crushed red peppers. Baked at 350 degrees (or 1.8(C) + 32 = 350 for those who use celcius) for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken was 170 degrees (or 1.8(C) + 32 = 170). I have a food thermometer which is great, you don't have to guess when meat is done. Then I had some bread and honey for desert (which to me is delicious). That was a few hours ago - now I just finished an entire frickin' package of blueberries. I can't believe I did that. They were three packages for five dollars at my local supermarket, which is a great deal on blueberries. I guess if I didn't eat them they would go to waste. Anyway.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

Tom62

I envy you myleviathan, I love shish kebabs. All I had for lunch today was a frigin' salad.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

jcm

Pizza Hut with the folks

salad bar, then 4 pieces of pizza  :banna:

kicking my ass at the gym tomorrow
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -cs