News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Things that make you chuckle

Started by Dave, September 06, 2017, 06:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Are congratulations in order? :D That must have hurt!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

Burns like a bitch! That's gonna leave a mark. Sorry to see this. I despise getting burnt.

billy rubin

i don't mind getting burnt, within reason

i had my first third degree burns when i was a kid on my foot when i got pinned under my first motorcycle, a 1962 triumph trophy. wonderful machine.

my introduction to mortality

what i hate are cuts. every time i slice myself somewhere doing something stupid i stop to reconsider my life

but easy burns dont slow me down.

i havent broken enough bones to have a valid opinion on that

lol

but those i did break were all in motorcycle accidents

i guess theres some sort of pattern here i should learn from

set the function, not the mechanism.

Icarus

Randy

The Most Bizarre Bible Story starring King Trump.  :grin:
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Icarus

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

You have a healthy sense of humor Hermes.   I like that about you.

billy rubin

lol

we"re all just nuts, in the end

i dont care for bitters myself

set the function, not the mechanism.

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on July 12, 2020, 11:48:37 PM
You have a healthy sense of humor Hermes.   I like that about you.

:boaterhat:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on July 08, 2020, 02:35:13 PM
lol

i have added a new scar

i was trying to remove a stuck bearing race from the headstock of an old motorcycle frame imworking on. tapping didnt do it so i flipped it upzide down and applied heat from a propane torch.

not wearing a shirt, itz about 35 C even without the torch

when suddenly the frame flipped and planted the hot  necktube right into my solar plexus

no blisters or fluid. the hot frame tube gave me a p erfectly dry third degree burn in the zhape of a perfect half circle twoinches across, then  cauterized the injury and turned the excesz skin to ash.

it would have been nicer if id gotten a perfect circle but im not intending to revizit the experien e to complete one.

so well see how it ends up in a week or so.  i often discover cuts and bruizes after the fact that i dindnt notice while obtaining them, but i noticed tbis right away

It is so wrong to giggle at that  :snicker1:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

Icarus

^^ :puppysnicker:  So be it Captain Kirk.

jumbojak

Just a pepper. Nothing to see here...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz