News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Zombie Invasion/Apocalypse Scenario

Started by Arturo, June 13, 2017, 08:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Quote from: Ali on June 18, 2017, 09:39:07 PM
I want to know more about the shot. Namely, what is it and what does it do?

Andy- "You'll understand when a zombie bites you....and you survive."
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Ali

Well, I don't much trust this Andy character. For all we know, repeated shots of this stuff *turns you into* a zombie. But YOLO, I give myself the shot.

jumbojak

Quote from: Ali on June 18, 2017, 04:57:12 PM
I get passive aggressive. "Oh man, I'm glad you guys took the time to hash out that whole shot thing, you know, while I stand out here with zombies."

You're wearing the Super Smock. No zombie can hurt you while you have it on. Otherwise, we wouldnt be dithering like Books about the shot while you chill outside the door.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Arturo on June 19, 2017, 04:27:54 AM

It just couldn't be zombie repellent to keep zombies from biting you at all -- cause I'm thinking if they bite your throat out or eat part of your brain, you're not going to want to survive.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ali

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 19, 2017, 05:43:51 AM

It just couldn't be zombie repellent to keep zombies from biting you at all -- cause I'm thinking if they bite your throat out or eat part of your brain, you're not going to want to survive.
Honestly, it's most likely the strong mustard smell coming from my foot that made the zombies hesitate to eat me.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ali on June 19, 2017, 07:52:26 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 19, 2017, 05:43:51 AM

Honestly, it's most likely the strong mustard smell coming from my foot that made the zombies hesitate to eat me.

Not even going to ask.  I was thinking tho, since these zombies appear to be supernatural with the not dying by anything perhaps a supernatural repellent could be devised -- silver, garlic, eye of newt, something.
Sandy

Biggus Dickus

I ain't doing shit, including taking the shot until I receive a whole lot more information from not only "Andy", but whomever is in charge of this place.

I need to know how this whole Zombie Plague began, exactly what is in the serum, details of the plan to combat the plague, and exactly what you mean when you said the world will be different, etc...

I also need to use the bathroom, and could go for a cup of coffee and maybe a bite to eat.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Davin

Yeah, Deputy Andy, what is this shit?
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Sandra Craft

This is what bothered me more than the shot (which hasn't killed anyone yet and, for all I know, may be sugar water):

I need each one of your individual skills to combat this zombie plague.

Right.  Zombies can be overcome by having stories read to them.  Probably tear-jerkers.  "Need our individual skills" my eye, never heard such BS in my life.

And most importantly, I need you to do what I tell you, as I tell you.

This is never going to happen.  Even if I wanted to do it, I'm constitutionally incapable of it.  It's not a matter of being difficult, or simply not trusting "Andy" (tho that's not helping any -- I'm sensing a lot of Negan-ness here), it's the dithering thing again.
Sandy

Ali

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 19, 2017, 07:26:39 PM
This is what bothered me more than the shot (which hasn't killed anyone yet and, for all I know, may be sugar water):

I need each one of your individual skills to combat this zombie plague.

Right.  Zombies can be overcome by having stories read to them.  Probably tear-jerkers.  "Need our individual skills" my eye, never heard such BS in my life.

And most importantly, I need you to do what I tell you, as I tell you.

This is never going to happen.  Even if I wanted to do it, I'm constitutionally incapable of it.  It's not a matter of not being difficult, or simply not trusting "Andy" (tho that's not helping any -- I'm sensing a lot of Negan-ness here), it's the dithering thing again.
Between your dithering and my constant urge to derail (which I have only just barely been holding mostly in check) I feel like "Andy" may give up at some point and be like "You know what? Forget it. Being eaten by a zombie would be easier than trying to lead this group."
Edit: Also, can we pledge to always say "Andy" with air quotes until he either kills us or gives us a reason to trust him?

jumbojak

Okay "Andy", I'm on board with the shot as I've already taken it but if you want everyone else on board you'd better get to 'splaining cause they can do this all day... I think Bruno wants to see the FDA trial information...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: jumbojak on June 19, 2017, 11:00:53 PM
Okay "Andy", I'm on board with the shot as I've already taken it but if you want everyone else on board you'd better get to 'splaining cause they can do this all day... I think Bruno wants to see the FDA trial information...

I'm just looking for the  background story on all of this before  I jump completely on board, plus Jenny Mccarthy says anti-zombie vaccines can cause autism.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ali on June 19, 2017, 10:14:09 PM

Between your dithering and my constant urge to derail (which I have only just barely been holding mostly in check) I feel like "Andy" may give up at some point and be like "You know what? Forget it. Being eaten by a zombie would be easier than trying to lead this group."

We are the cats you were told not to herd.

QuoteEdit: Also, can we pledge to always say "Andy" with air quotes until he either kills us or gives us a reason to trust him?
:thumbsup:
Sandy

Arturo

Quote from: Father Bruno on June 19, 2017, 01:45:33 PM
I ain't doing shit, including taking the shot until I receive a whole lot more information from not only "Andy", but whomever is in charge of this place.

I need to know how this whole Zombie Plague began, exactly what is in the serum, details of the plan to combat the plague, and exactly what you mean when you said the world will be different, etc...

I also need to use the bathroom, and could go for a cup of coffee and maybe a bite to eat.

You sure do ask a lot of questions for someone who doesn't know anything. I'm afraid I can't tell you any of those things. Not until we can trust you to follow orders. But I can tell you, if you don't take the shot, it will come back to bite you...

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱