News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Why does my wiener get big?

Started by Steeler, August 09, 2016, 02:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

Quote from: Asmodean on August 11, 2016, 02:05:49 PM
I think the wisely-turreted one is onto something there, I think.
For some reason I read that as "weasely-turreted".  :???:

I need more coffee....  :reading:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Quote from: Guardian85 on August 11, 2016, 07:04:16 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on August 11, 2016, 02:05:49 PM
I think the wisely-turreted one is onto something there, I think.
For some reason I read that as "weasely-turreted".  :???:

I need more coffee....  :reading:
Because The Asmo is God and He can make words appear to mean pretty much the opposite of what they do.

...It's a popular subliminal messenging technique among the godkind. But The Asmo invented it. And they's stole it. And He shall smite, see if He shall not. >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Essie Mae

Quote from: Tank on August 11, 2016, 12:39:42 PM
Quote from: Steeler on August 11, 2016, 03:09:13 AM
Ok I see that the majority here is for honesty. No problem with that, but I don't believe I have been dishonest with him in any way. It is absolutely true that his woody can be the result of needing to pee. I just stopped there, for now.
I'm actually very surprised that many of you think I should go with the sex talk. This little guy is NOT ready for that yet, and it's not just me being naive about it.  :o
You guys and gals are awesome!
Having had to do 'The talk' three times the bit that I think you should consider is you don't have to do the whole talk all at once.

You could simply go as far as. 'When you're all grown up it gets bigger to help make babies. At the moment its just practising. Don't fret. Its happens to all boys and it's perfectly normal.'

Couldn't agree more Wise Turret. I always wondered why our son came to me and not Mr Mae with his Qs about sex, but I think it was because, lovely tho he is, he does tend to use 100 words where 10 will do. I also just answered each Q honestly and made use of books to ensure accuracy.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Siz

Ok I see that the majority here is for honesty. No problem with that, but I don't believe I have been dishonest with him in any way. It is absolutely true that his woody can be the result of needing to pee.
Is it? Relating erections to needing to pee - now there's a neurosis in the making.

Quote from: SteelerI'm actually very surprised that many of you think I should go with the sex talk. This little guy is NOT ready for that yet, and it's not just me being naive about it.  :o
Not ready for what? Knowledge about his body that he has specifically asked you for...?

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Steeler

Quote from: Siz on August 12, 2016, 01:43:01 AM
Ok I see that the majority here is for honesty. No problem with that, but I don't believe I have been dishonest with him in any way. It is absolutely true that his woody can be the result of needing to pee.
Is it? Relating erections with needing to pee - now there's a neurosis in the making.

Quote from: SteelerI'm actually very surprised that many of you think I should go with the sex talk. This little guy is NOT ready for that yet, and it's not just me being naive about it.  :o
Not ready for what? Knowledge about his body that he has specifically asked you for...?

Well everyone knows of morning wood. I don't know about your weenie, but mine tends to enlarge when I gots to go real bad, and always accompanies morning wood.
Also I might need to try and re word the way this question was asked by my boy.
It wasn't a serious sit down with dad type of question, but more of a joking hey look at my wiener kind of thing. Hes a joker, and it was one more way for him to use one of his favorite words. If you would have been in the room, I think you would understand.
I didn't mislead him in any way.
I started this thread as more if a humor thing than anything else.

Steeler

The wife and I have talked about each of the replies in this thread also! Thanks for all of the input seriously!

Siz

Yeah, I know exactly the demeanour of an 8y/o boy with penis interest...! Humour is, of course, also the easier way for a parent to approach these issues.

But continuing to play the straight man (because I actually feel quite strongly about it), I ask: would you feel the  need to employ the same tactics when discussing (for example) the process of digestion? Why not? Why are erections funny and digestion not so much? (though I do concede that farting is ALWAYS funny...). The point is that it is the parent that brings the awkwardness to the table which translates in kind to a child. Giving 'special' energy to a specific biological function can only set that apart from everything else. Is that a desirable message for a child?

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Steeler

Quote from: Siz on August 12, 2016, 03:12:51 AM
Yeah, I know exactly the demeanour of an 8y/o boy with penis interest...! Humour is, of course, also the easier way for a parent to approach these issues.

But continuing to play the straight man (because I actually feel quite strongly about it), I ask: would you feel the  need to employ the same tactics when discussing (for example) the process of digestion? Why not? Why are erections funny and digestion not so much? (though I do concede that farting is ALWAYS funny...). The point is that it is the parent that brings the awkwardness to the table which translates in kind to a child. Giving 'special' energy to a specific biological function can only set that apart from everything else. Is that a desirable message for a child?

Would it be the same for a 4 year old? 5? I would have no problem teaching digestion to a 4 year old, but the purpose of an erection? No way. I think maturity plays a large role here.

Asmodean

Quote from: Steeler on August 12, 2016, 03:41:02 AM
Would it be the same for a 4 year old? 5? I would have no problem teaching digestion to a 4 year old, but the purpose of an erection? No way. I think maturity plays a large role here.
There are two parts to answering a question; the message and the delivery. Changing the first to something untrue is dishonest however you slice it and regardless of who the answer is directed at. The second part is what you DO change based on the recepient's maturity, education, demeanor... Whatever other factors you may want to apply.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Steeler

Quote from: Asmodean on August 12, 2016, 06:26:46 AM
Quote from: Steeler on August 12, 2016, 03:41:02 AM
There are two parts to answering a question; the message and the delivery. Changing the first to something untrue is dishonest however you slice it and regardless of who the answer is directed at. The second part is what you DO change based on the recepient's maturity, education, demeanor... Whatever other factors you may want to apply.

I get ya. But when there is more than 1 honest answer to the question, giving an honest answer that the recipient is ready to handle isn't being dishonest.

Asmodean

Of course. That's down to delivery, and we all do it in different circumstances. I wouldn't say that there are necessarilly several honest answers though, as sometimes there are not (like in the purpose of erection example, you can't really avoid reproduction and remain honest) but there are ways of delivering it suitable for different recipients.

A slightly bad but illustrative example; if my Ethiopian neighbor who doesn't know the enter key from the space bar asks me why her WiFi doesn't work when she sits outside, I don't give her a lecture on advanced networking, explain the difference between a LAN and an extended LAN/WAN or signal penetration through concrete and wood, which I might have done had someone on my team at work asked me that question. I simply tell her that her laptop is talking to the spidery-looking thing on the corridor ceiling, and if the distance between them gets too great, one (or both) may not hear the other. Same happens when the walls get too thick or too many.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Siz

Actually, a quick Google exposes a truth about erections surpressing urination. Can't say I ever remember experiencing that myself but maybe it's more a childhood thing. Reflex erections (as opposed to psychogenic erections) are thought to be an anti-bed-wetting mechanism.

This particular fact is also an evolutionary mechanism to help ease the burden of parental explanations... apparently...

Steeler

Quote from: Siz on August 14, 2016, 12:42:02 AM
Actually, a quick Google exposes a truth about erections surpressing urination. Can't say I ever remember experiencing that myself but maybe it's more a childhood thing. Reflex erections (as opposed to psychogenic erections) are thought to be an anti-bed-wetting mechanism.

This particular fact is also an evolutionary mechanism to help ease the burden of parental explanations... apparently...

Oh yes, I agree. Trying to pee with a woody is hard as hell. Pun intended. He he.

In true HAF fashion this thread has went WAY deeper than I imagined. ;D

Asmodean

Quote from: Steeler on August 14, 2016, 01:18:39 AM
Is what we do. Good thread.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

Quote from: Steeler on August 14, 2016, 01:18:39 AM
Well, the gold rarely lies on the surface, you have to dig a bit!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74