News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

2016 YEAR OF MONKEY

Started by Biggus Dickus, December 31, 2015, 07:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

^
You was a cute little baby monkey:)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Davin

All baby monkeys are cute. But then I grew up.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

Year of Monkey actually begins February 8th, 2016.

Here is some general information about this exciting Year of Monkey. (I've bolded some of the more pertinent facts)

Welcome to the Year of Monkey
I am the seasoned traveler
Of the Labyrinth.
The genius of alacrity,
Wizard of the impossible.
My brilliance is yet unmatched
In its originality.
My heart's filled with potent magic
That could cast a hundred spells.
I am put together
For mine own pleasure
I AM THE MONKEY.

THE MONKEY'S PERSONALITY

Monkey years draw their nature from the animal of the year. The Monkey is an intelligent, witty, and inventive animal. They are problem solvers, working with their group while simultaneously demonstrating an independence associated with achievers. The nimble monkey is playful, youthful in nature, and is a joy to watch as they move from activity to activity.

The monkey is one of the symbolical animals corresponding to or having affinity with the ninth of the Twelve Terrestrial Branches, called the "Shen" Branch, and symbolises irrepressible curiosity and creative energy. Though worshipped to some extent by the Buddhists, the Monkey is commonly regarded as the emblem of trickery.

In the traditional Chinese mind, which is echoed in the annually-reprinted ancient almanac, the Monkey is very intelligent, hyperactive and strong-minded. He represents the unfettered mind freed from inhibitions and guilt. Relieving himself from the heavy burdens of a touchy conscience, the Monkey type will not hesitate to test his theories, experiment and think the unthinkable. In his domain, everything is possible. What is difficult, he could do right away; what is impossible may take a little longer.

All the animals have a shadow side, and the Monkey is no exception. The problem solving tendencies can turn the Monkey to being a tricky tactician, opportunistic and not all that trustworthy. The youthfulness hides an unscrupulous adolescent, and the independence can turn to unfaithfulness.

Some important people born in the Year of the Monkey

Leonardo da Vinci, Federico Fellini, Pope John Paul II, Harry S. Truman, Eleanor Roosevelt, Mick Jagger, John Milton, Paul Gauguin, Lyndon B. Johnson, Joan Crawford, Bette Davis, Nelson Rockefeller, Charles Dickens, Queen Sirkit of Thailand, Amadeo Modigliani, Joe Cocker, George Lucas, Diana Ross, Julio Iglesias, Danny De Vito, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Mel Gibson, James Stewart, Jacques Tati, Salvador Allende, Simone de Beauvoir, Gustav Mahler, Annie Oakley, Davin, Charlie Parker, Ravi Sankar, Howard Cosell, Arthur Hailey, Isaac Stern, Macauley Culkin, Aubrey Beardsley, Elizabeth Taylor, Sylvia Plath, François Truffaut, Omar Sharif, Anouk Aimee, Peter O'Toole, Louis Malle and Little Richard.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 19, 2016, 10:06:04 AM
Flowers for you, Bruno.

Japanese Aquarium Displays Special Orchids for the Year of the Monkey

Thank you xSP, the orchids are quite beautiful and so cute with there little monkey faces, but I feel bad as I didn't get you anything :(

P.S. Lunar New Year is February 8th, the official start of Year of Monkey. So you folks have about 3 weeks left to shop. Flowers are nice, such as the ones the lovely xSP brought me, butt please no more bananas...I eat them everyday, at least two or three, but I have many and they are easy to get, and it seems to be the one gift everyone always get's me...like getting a tie each year on Father's Day.

Biggus Dickus

Happy Chinese New Year! 新年快樂

Gong Xi Fa Cai (Mandarin) OR Gong Hey Fat Choy (Cantonese).

2016 is the year of the Red Monkey BRUNO

Find your horoscope below for 2016 projections based on the year you were born; (I'm a Dragon)

RATS
1912, 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008
Intelligent, wise, charming, social, ambitious, stubborn, desires power
Rats are going to have an amazing year relationship-wise. Those who are single will receive the opportunity to find love and those already in love may commit further with an engagement or marriage. The advice for married couples is to keep compromise in mind and don't be tempted towards an affair.

Careers are on the upturn so money is going to be flowing, although there may be a few jealousies or confrontations occurring.

OX/COW

1913, 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009
Hard-working, loyal, honest, creative, determined, patient, stubborn, poor communicators

Oxen will likely be lucky in love this year, as they have a romantic lucky star in their forecast.

Last year wasn't a great year for Oxens, so they are advised to work hard to clear out any negativity and make amends for any difficulties that they were responsible for. This year will be a far better year than 2015 with plenty of personal and career luck and success predicted.

TIGER
1914, 1926, 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010
Friendly, charming, enthusiastic, ambitious, confident, irritable, boastful

Tigers are going to have an amazing year in love, finding it easy to either meet a new partner or for their current relationship to be happy and harmonious.

The tiger is the Monkey's enemy so there may be a few conflicts throughout this year.

RABBIT
1915, 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011
Kind-hearted, friendly, empathetic, sincere, intelligent, stubborn, discreet

Single Rabbits will meet lots of new people and possibly even the love of their life if they are single. Otherwise, marriage or deepening the relationship will be likely.

The Rabbits are going to have the best luck out of all the animals this year, with wealth and business opportunities in abundance. Creative Rabbits will be hitting their peak lighting up a constellation of exciting events for the ones who believe in possibility.

The prosperity star helps to bring money improvements, so it is a good time to invest in business.

DRAGON
1916, 1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012
Successful, spiritual, courageous, innovative, imaginative, artistic, powerful, over-confident

Dragons aren't going to be having the best year for finding a new romance.

They are going to have a very lucky year and will receive an unbelievable amount of positive indications.

The Monkey's wisdom influences the Dragon, so it is a year to take inspiration from this characteristic. With optimism and perseverance they will get through any difficulties.

The victory star will be affecting Dragons, bringing luck to all aspects of their life.

SNAKE

1917, 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013
Wise, sympathetic, organized, elegant, attractive, discreet, lazy, vain

Those in long-term relationships may be receiving a proposal for marriage and those who are single are advised not to be too fickle with new romances.

Snakes are going to have some amazing luck and fortune this year, although they have to be aware of money issues, other than that the outlook is for a very good year ahead.

The victory star brings an extra addition of luck to all areas of the Snake's life.

HORSE

1918, 1930, 1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002, 2014
Clever, energetic, strong, popular, ambitious, arrogant, over-confident

This isn't the luckiest year for Horses when it comes to romance. Singles may only find short-term relationships and those who are in long-term ones should try to be more understanding and supportive.

The heaven luck star will be guiding Horses towards making positive decisions, especially where their career is concerned.

SHEEP/GOAT

1919, 1931, 1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003, 2015
Polite, calm, compassionate, imaginative, intuitive, sensitive, determined, pessimistic

This is a good year for Sheep in the love department as long as they don't worry too much and they aren't too over-sensitive. There may be marriage, renewal of vows or even a new baby on the horizon. Those who are single will find it easy to attract potential love interests.

The wealth star shining on Sheep will bring wealth, not just in financial areas, but also highlighting romance, health and careers. A great year for taking up the artistic or spiritual pursuits they have been considering and putting off for far too long!

It is also recommended that they pay extra attention to their health this year and cut out any habits or take up new interests that could benefit their body or mind.

MONKEY

1920, 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, 2016
Wise, intelligent, bright, charismatic, restless, lively, egotistical, arrogant

Monkeys will be busy with their careers or hobbies so they may not find much time to indulge In romance, so they are advised to take time out and spend quality time with their loved ones. Single monkeys are advised to be patient. A successful relationship is possible, but only if it is not forced and happens naturally.

They have the potential for unexpected wealth and abundance, although they should be wary of becoming too greedy. However, there are a few unlucky stars, so they are advised to be cautious and rest whenever possible. This year they need to pay attention to who they can trust and put things in place to balance their lifestyle so they relax, recuperate and rest more.

ROOSTER/CHICKEN

1921, 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005, 2017
Kind-hearted, flexible, hard working, independent, honest, flamboyant, persuasive

Roosters are going to have a good year with romance. This is the perfect year for declaring feelings and making commitments.

The romance and education star will be influencing Roosters, sprinkling good fortune on love, education, travelling and self-growth.

Roosters are dreamers and this is the year to dream big, but the dreams must be kept realistic if they want to come true and be sustained.

DOG

1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, 2018
Friendly, faithful, loyal, courageous, adaptable, critical

A challenging year for Dogs when it comes to love as they will be letting their emotional insecurity get in the way of commitment. Singles Dogs have a busy year ahead with personal growth and careers, so they may be better focusing away from romance and on to other interests. Couples may have miscommunications due to not paying attention to their partners or taking them for granted, this can turn small irritations into huge problems.

It is advised that Dogs trust their instincts in wealth and business dealings, as it could be a challenging year. As long as they don't let fear get in the way, with a clear head, they can successfully navigate anything that comes their way.

BOAR/PIG

1923, 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007, 2019
Happy, easy going, honest, trusting, sincere, optimistic, sociable, unrealistic, materialistic

Although single Boars may receive a lot of opportunity for romance, this year doesn't seem to be the one that they turn long-term. Long-term relationships may struggle with misunderstandings and it is advisable to keep emotions under control

They are sensitive and sincere so they are ideal partners, as long as they don't become too possessive and jealous and allow their loved ones space.

It may be the year to focus on personal success, as wealth is looking stable with a lucky star shining over Boars.

Above information pulled from the following web-site.

Claireliontamer

I'm a Rooster. A metal rooster to be specific.

Scamp and I popped along to the celebrations in Liverpool's Chinatown yesterday. I think my ears have just about stopped ringing from the fire crackers!

Guardian85

I am an Ox apparently.

Although I am doubtful, I do hope they got it right for once.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

jumbojak

Here you go Bruno. It sums up my feelings about you pretty well. The monkey who made something of himself...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Biggus Dickus

Thanks JJ, THE LITTLE MONKEY SONG is quite nice...and he has such a wonderful sing voice, very, very good!

I've seen one or two of his videos in the past, have you posted links to him here at HAF before? Or is it just a coincidence?

jumbojak

Liely coincidence. I wouldn't think many of the folks here would appreciate a video on sharpening drill bits or properly using a set of Jo blocks. Neat stuff though.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Biggus Dickus

Bruno likes the office (US Version, UK is funny and of course the original, but I'm simply more familiar with US version)

Jim impersonates Dwight.(Love teh Casio watch calculation at the end)

Jim pops Dwights fitness orb.

Longer version, but poor quality.