News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Walking Dead II

Started by Sandra Craft, February 24, 2016, 03:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonia

Gah!! What is WRONG with me?? I just watched the latest episode of WD and despite how much I hate Negan, how sick and cruel he is...... am I the only one who thinks he is totally smoking HOT:o
It's just one more way the producers are messing with my head!!!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Dragonia on November 09, 2016, 11:32:42 PM
Gah!! What is WRONG with me?? I just watched the latest episode of WD and despite how much I hate Negan, how sick and cruel he is...... am I the only one who thinks he is totally smoking HOT:o
It's just one more way the producers are messing with my head!!!

Well, I don't think Negan is, but the guy playing him is so it does create some confusion, yeah.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Pasta Chick

Yeah.

Yeah, I do.

I'm still firmly a Daryl fan though. They're both good actors and i thoroughly enjoyed last episode for that.

Otherwise I'm still pretty over the show. It'd be good if they were just like "fuck it, here's a shitton of really bad CGI blood and why not a motherfucking tiger?!" But they take it all so seriously. 

Dragonia

Yeah, I'm still a Daryl kind of girl myself. I won't tell him that I have a secret crush on his tormentor.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Sandra Craft

One question about last week's episode, "Service" -- has Michonne always been this bad a shot?  Nine shots taken at an increasingly close zombie and all she hit was a deer walking thru the forest, minding her own business.  Maybe because she's so good with a blade I just assumed she also knew how to handle a rifle.
Sandy

Ecurb Noselrub

She doesn't have much experience with firearms.  She's relied on her sword to date.

Pasta Chick

The worst part of the "mid season finale" was BF fell asleep at the beginnings and now hes going to want to watch it again tonight.

Davin

I haven't seen it yet, just got back home yesterday, but I did see the 2nd to last one yesterday.

I don't see how Negan has lasted so long by pissing every one off, being a huge dick, while also giving all of the people he's treating like shit plenty of opportunities to kill him. It still bothers me to watch it happen, like it was written by someone with a high school level understanding of psychology who actively ignores many studies that contradict the behavior of the characters.

There still isn't enough that bothers me to the point where I stop watching the show though. I just hope that it picks up again, and I'm not talking about action, I liked the "sitting around on a farm" episodes and felt like they offered a lot more in terms of things happening per episode than most of the this first half of a season.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Pasta Chick

Yeah, he is alone with or massively outnumbered by people who hate him a lot. It really doesn't make sense.

There's also no reward for anyone. You have to provide benefits other than "I won't horribly disfigure you or kill your loved ones" to the people closest to you. Literally everyone hates and suffers under him and no one will act. It's maddening.

Davin

It would make a little more sense he didn't break his own rules. At least then people could justify being safe as long as they followed the rules, but he breaks and makes up rules seemingly on his own whims, so everyone is in danger all the time for almost no reward and for definitely and always being treated like shit. I could see that working with a small group of people with rare and specific issues, but any more than one or two dozen people and it becomes silly.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Ecurb Noselrub

I've pretty much given up on there being any rational, coherent story line. The zombies aren't even fun anymore. I'm just here for the blood and guts.  The knife to the belly was pretty cool.  I can't wait until Negan gets his. 

Pasta Chick

I enjoyed the knife to the belly. That was probably the highlight of the episode for me.

The zombies aren't even consistent though.

The boat scene pissed me right the fuck off, as those of you following me on Facebook will have seen. I guess I'll wait for Davin to catch up to get into real spoilers.

Sandra Craft

The most surprising thing for me lately has been hearing Andrew Lincoln on The Talking Dead and being startled by how different his real voice is from his Rick-voice. 

Other than that I'm just waiting for the Kingdom to reappear.  I need more tiger.
Sandy

Davin

So out of three people "trying" to kill Negan, only Lucille got hit. That doesn't exactly build confidence. I hope they get Haircut back, he probably won't last long with that group.

Pasta Chick

Yeah, Eugene being about the only person there capable of critical thought, he's going to suffer horribly and the group is going to be screwed.

I don't understand at all why Rick took a shot up row boat across a bog full of walkers, to get to a canoe, to get to a place that apparently wasn't not even an island?!

When they made it across I thought "wait, why the fuck aren't they tying up that canoe?" And they showed them loading up the truck on the same goddamn road they were just driving on and my brain exploded. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU NOT WALK AROUND?

And since when do water-logged walkers have super speed, agility, and the ability to jump?

Also the ending montage of everyone simling at eachother gave me actual diabetes.