News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Why I hate religion

Started by Freethinker, March 24, 2008, 03:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freethinker

(Note: I'm sure there are more than I list, these are just the main ones off the top of my head)

(More can be found in the attached report)

WHY I HATE RELIGION

-It is ignorant
-It forces people into stupid beliefs
-It limits the potential of the human mind
-It is harmful towards society
-It causes war, hatred, death, and dividence
-It is prejudiced towards minorities
-It is based off creationism
-It is controlling and mad with power
-It forces children to believe things who might otherwise know the truth

and many more...

Will

I could say the same thing about Republicans. Cept maybe the creationism thing.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

ShimShamSam

you forgot to add after war and death, it also takes up your Sunday. War and death is bearable so long as I get my Sundays to myself lol.

susangail

I hate religion for many reasons but a lot of it for me has to do with the fact that most of them say theirs is the "right way" and that you MUST believe it. And then there's the idea that you HAVE to believe in something. Excuse me if I'm sick of basing my life around things I don't believe in or agree with (all my life I've wanted to disagree but it was a "sin" to question God so I held my tongue. It feels so good to have my own opinion now). Rules can be good, but religion takes it WAY too far.
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.