News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

The "Once upon a time..." thread.

Started by DeterminedJuliet, July 01, 2012, 02:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Black Jester

Anyhoo...I seem to have cut this thread, so I consider it incumbent upon me to make the repairs...

Once I drove back to the decrepit remains of my grandmother's hamster themed wedding, urine gushing noisily, of course, because vaginas aren't watertight. There's Jasmine scented tea steeping with onions borrowed from Aunt Brunhilde, and poo-stained sheets in striking puse.  I frantically abused turtles by setting my power-drill on low before spinning into counter-clockwise rotational overdrive.  Antelopes beneath me; licorice above me; ormolus' buttons were pressed tentatively to release the hounds. Velveteen Rabbits came upon a mouldering skeleton clutching a penis-shaped pinata. "Surprise!"

"Holy Guacamole, Senor!" I mimed.  Sparkles, my dog, grinned wolfishly and hummed a dirge as the rabbits cavorted enticingly. Nymphets jostled insinuatingly around my butt crack, as usual.  Sadly they didn't forgo their scatological ruminations until gunshots sounded lovely.

Slithering against time bombs, I cocked back, aimed, and dribbled jam over my basque peoples of unknown origin. They screamed, understandably, as Newgod forgot to lock little fartleberries. Presumptuous cretins! Gargantuan midgets skipped into parliament dressed to the nines.  Sultry monkeys violated my virginal mind. However harpsichords hammered  horrisonantly, jangling
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

Ali

Quote from: En_Route on July 12, 2012, 11:06:10 PM
Quote from: Ali on July 12, 2012, 10:59:04 PM
Quote from: The Black Jester on July 12, 2012, 10:50:36 PM
Quotehorrisonantly
?

Horrisonantly:
Quote1. Virtually never used adverbial inflection of the rarely used adjective horrisonant.
http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definitions/horrisonantly

Well that clears it right up.  >:(

horrisonant:
Quote1. Horrisonous.[Websters]
2. Virtually never used base adjective of the rarely used adverb horrisonantly.
http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definitions/horrisonant

>:( >:( >:(

Horrisonous:
Quote1. Sounding dreadfully; uttering a terrible sound.[Websters]
2. Being hoarse. [Eve - graph theoretic]
3. Being coarse, harsh, rough or gruff. [Eve - graph theoretic]
4. Being sepulchral. [Eve - graph theoretic]
5. Being hollow. [Eve - graph theoretic]
6. Rarely used base adjective of the adverb horrisonously.

http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definitions/Horrisonous

ALL THAT FOR "HOARSELY"?!?

Hoarsely doesn't do it. As the word itself suggests " horrible- sounding" is pretty close. But less erudite. And here at HAF we have exacting literary standards to maintain.

"ALL THAT FOR 'HORRIBLE-SOUNDING'?!?" she shrieked horrisonantly...

Dobermonster

Once I drove back to the decrepit remains of my grandmother's hamster themed wedding, urine gushing noisily, of course, because vaginas aren't watertight. There's Jasmine scented tea steeping with onions borrowed from Aunt Brunhilde, and poo-stained sheets in striking puse.  I frantically abused turtles by setting my power-drill on low before spinning into counter-clockwise rotational overdrive.  Antelopes beneath me; licorice above me; ormolus' buttons were pressed tentatively to release the hounds. Velveteen Rabbits came upon a mouldering skeleton clutching a penis-shaped pinata. "Surprise!"

"Holy Guacamole, Senor!" I mimed.  Sparkles, my dog, grinned wolfishly and hummed a dirge as the rabbits cavorted enticingly. Nymphets jostled insinuatingly around my butt crack, as usual.  Sadly they didn't forgo their scatological ruminations until gunshots sounded lovely.

Slithering against time bombs, I cocked back, aimed, and dribbled jam over my basque peoples of unknown origin. They screamed, understandably, as Newgod forgot to lock little fartleberries. Presumptuous cretins! Gargantuan midgets skipped into parliament dressed to the nines.  Sultry monkeys violated my virginal mind. However harpsichords hammered  horrisonantly, jangling with all the judicious

En_Route

Quote from: Ali on July 12, 2012, 11:11:14 PM
Quote from: En_Route on July 12, 2012, 11:06:10 PM
Quote from: Ali on July 12, 2012, 10:59:04 PM
Quote from: The Black Jester on July 12, 2012, 10:50:36 PM
Quotehorrisonantly
?

Horrisonantly:
Quote1. Virtually never used adverbial inflection of the rarely used adjective horrisonant.
http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definitions/horrisonantly

Well that clears it right up.  >:(

horrisonant:
Quote1. Horrisonous.[Websters]
2. Virtually never used base adjective of the rarely used adverb horrisonantly.
http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definitions/horrisonant

>:( >:( >:(

Horrisonous:
Quote1. Sounding dreadfully; uttering a terrible sound.[Websters]
2. Being hoarse. [Eve - graph theoretic]
3. Being coarse, harsh, rough or gruff. [Eve - graph theoretic]
4. Being sepulchral. [Eve - graph theoretic]
5. Being hollow. [Eve - graph theoretic]
6. Rarely used base adjective of the adverb horrisonously.

http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definitions/Horrisonous

ALL THAT FOR "HOARSELY"?!?

Hoarsely doesn't do it. As the word itself suggests " horrible- sounding" is pretty close. But less erudite. And here at HAF we have exacting literary standards to maintain.

"ALL THAT FOR 'HORRIBLE-SOUNDING'?!?" she shrieked horrisonantly...

"YES" he responded euphoniously (before she lost her tiny virgin mind).
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

DeterminedJuliet

They say you have to write for your audience. I have no idea who the audience for this franken-story would be, so I can't comment on the appropriateness of ER's word selection.  :P
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

The Black Jester

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 12, 2012, 11:42:08 PM
They say you have to write for your audience. I have no idea who the audience for this franken-story would be, so I can't comment on the appropriateness of ER's word selection.  :P

His word selection is entirely appropriate, in my opinion.  The more recondite and abstruse the story, the more mind-bending the effect.  Plus I love learning new vocabulary, and ER is a great resource.  And while ashamed of my ignorance, I am eager to overcome it...
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

En_Route

Talk about people disowning responsibility for threads they have initiated! This one is down to you, Madame.

En_Route

Quote from: The Black Jester on July 12, 2012, 11:46:53 PM

His word selection is entirely appropriate, in my opinion.  The more recondite and abstruse the story, the more mind-bending the effect.  Plus I love learning new vocabulary, and ER is a great resource.  And while ashamed of my ignorance, I am eager to overcome it...

Language is the only true infinitely renewable resource.

The Black Jester

Quote from: En_Route on July 12, 2012, 11:57:07 PM
Quote from: The Black Jester on July 12, 2012, 11:46:53 PM

Language is the only true infinitely renewable resource.

So it seems...
The Black Jester

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: En_Route on July 12, 2012, 11:47:32 PM

Talk about people disowning responsibility for threads they have initiated! This one is down to you, Madame.

I meant franken-story in the best possible way  ;D It just sort of... transcends genres.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

En_Route

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 13, 2012, 12:07:00 AM
Quote from: En_Route on July 12, 2012, 11:47:32 PM

I meant franken-story in the best possible way  ;D It just sort of... transcends genres.

That's one way of putting it.