News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

12,000 posts

Started by Tank, July 09, 2012, 09:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: OldGit on July 10, 2012, 08:33:02 AM
Tank, you've been an excellent moderator and I've hinted before that your influence has been responsible for the much improved atmosphere in the forum in the last year.  Your posts have been very far from a waste; much of the time they've been the oil that lubricates the place.  So congratulations on the 12,000.

Don't be downhearted, this will all blow over.  Except if you wear one of those mankinis - do that and I'll howl for your resignation.

Your friend,  David

I second this (except for being your friend David).  I, too, think you're an excellent mod, storms are inevitable and if you ever wear a mankini I'm sending you my therapy bill.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Buddy

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 11, 2012, 07:47:15 AM
I second this (except for being your friend David).  I, too, think you're an excellent mod, storms are inevitable and if you ever wear a mankini I'm sending you my therapy bill.

In ones.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

I've calmed down now. And one thing I thing I should point out is that I value so many of you that sometimes I lose perspective. I have un-banned ER. He is not responsible for my bad temper and over protectiveness of SD.

Thanks for the Hats and good wishes.

I will not be wearing a mankini... ever... 
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

En_Route

Quote from: Tank on July 11, 2012, 11:40:10 AM
I've calmed down now. And one thing I thing I should point out is that I value so many of you that sometimes I lose perspective. I have un-banned ER. He is not responsible for my bad temper and over protectiveness of SD.

Chris and I have had an exchange of emails and I think we understand each other better now. It is generous of him to rehabilitate me and I would have had no cause to complain if he had decided to retain the ban. I did not intend to offend or attack SD in any way, but what I think of as a  vigorous debating style may come across as abrasive and disparaging on the printed page, for which I apologise.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

DeterminedJuliet

I am very happy to see all of this.   :)
En_Route, would you be interested in a mankini?
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

En_Route

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 11, 2012, 01:25:59 PM
I am very happy to see all of this.   :)
En_Route, would you be interested in a mankini?

I have no doubt that it would display my Adonis- like physique to good advantage. But would it be  really worth the expense and trauma of divorce?

Ali

This all makes me feel very warm and snuggly. Except the part about the mankinis.  Group hug?  ;D

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

En_Route

Quote from: Ali on July 11, 2012, 02:00:48 PM
This all makes me feel very warm and snuggly. Except the part about the mankinis.  Group hug?  ;D

Given your Latin temperament and the Godlessness of the rest of us, where might it all lead.? Maybe a handshake might be safer.

OldGit

DeterminedJuliet

Someone would definitely get goosed (my vote's Asmo). :D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Hehe, yes, I vote we all goose Asmo at the same time.   ;D

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on July 11, 2012, 11:40:10 AM

You're a good mod, Tank. :)

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on July 11, 2012, 03:59:04 PM
Hehe, yes, I vote we all goose Asmo at the same time.   ;D
Asmos eat geese, so go ahead.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

You heard him!  This goosing will be consentual.  On 3.  1....2......