News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Jackson Hole

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, July 03, 2012, 04:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Drinking Dynamite Cabernet at The Million Dollar Cowboy steakhouse in Jackson, Wyoming.  We had an elk bratwurst appetizer and I had rainbow trout for an entree'.  Today we explored the Grand Tetons (French for "big tits") and tomorrow Yellowstone.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

Oooh, the Grand Tetons are beautiful, and Yellowstone is cool.  I like the mud pots.

Crow

Hope it doesn't erupt whilst your there. Actually would it be better if Yellowstone erupted whilst you were in the vicinity? As it would be a pretty quick death whilst everyone else would have a rather grim time. With the food shortages due to the ash poisoning the environment and planes being unable to fly in with resources, then the Mexicans would be like "you told one racist joke to many you bastards, you ain't coming in" then the gangs will start a television series based on The Running Man with the grand prize being that of escaping to Mexico and getting food and water, but the US government are then like "fuck you bitches we got reserves of radiation treated algae and your not treating our populous like that", then they invade Mexico but that puts a strain on resources and people don't get fed, so the people rise up against the government. The other superpowers start getting a bit excited and start circling like crows after a battle waiting to pick the fields dry, resulting in the States getting split up between Europe, China, Russia, and Canada.

Hope you're having a nice time  ;D
Retired member.

OldGit

Hope you're having a good time, Bruce.

Crow, you forgot the bit where the handsome hero gets the girl with the big bazoomas. :D

Recusant

Beautiful country around there; I hope you're having a fine time, Mr. Noselrub.  :) The last time I was through there I was five years old, but I actually remember it.

I'm sorry to have to break it to you, Crow, but if/when the Yellowstone hotspot blows, Europe, China, Russia, and Canada will be hurting nearly as badly as the U. S.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

OldGit

What if a massive meteorite as big as the Chicxulub job landed slap in the Yellowstone caldera?  That would be quite loud.

Crow

Quote from: Recusant on July 04, 2012, 04:05:06 AM
I'm sorry to have to break it to you, Crow, but if/when the Yellowstone hotspot blows, Europe, China, Russia, and Canada will be hurting nearly as badly as the U. S.

They won't or they don't think they will anymore as better models have been created that show it won't be anyway near as bad as previously thought.
Retired member.

Ecurb Noselrub

Have to say that Yellowstone/Grand Tetons are as beautiful and strange a place as anywhere I've been.  Can't believe I waited until age 59 to go there. Better late than never. Now I'm in Boise, Idaho, then on to Salt Lake City, then Monument Valley, then Santa Fe, then home.  The Mountain West of the USA is gorgeous.  The caldera didn't blow, but it's spewing constantly.  When it does, it will be an extinction event  for the planet, so I'm not concerned about the states getting carved up.