News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Lion Tries To Eat Kid At Zoo

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, May 04, 2012, 03:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

I bet that lioness has never seen a zebra in its life or had to hunt for its food.

Almost a pit the glass didn't crack  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Siz

Quote from: Tank on May 04, 2012, 09:16:07 AM
Quote from: OldGit on May 04, 2012, 09:10:01 AM
A kid called Albert  was actually eaten.
Read with a broad Yorkshire accent  :D

Aww, I LOVE that!

Many happy memories of my great-grandmother reciting that to us as kids (from memory!) ...though being made to recite the lords-prayer in return wasn't so fun!

I'm gonna print that off and see if mine enjoy it...

Thanks for the smiles!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 04, 2012, 03:38:58 AM
Don't dress your kid like a zebra if you plan to be around lions.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c2#/video/us/2012/05/03/bts-lion-tries-to-eat-boy.cnn
that no big deal the lion just wanted some "baby" back ribs!
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

McQ

Quote from: Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism on May 04, 2012, 08:31:49 PM

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c2#/video/us/2012/05/03/bts-lion-tries-to-eat-boy.cnn

This made me genuinely laugh out loud!

I keep thinking this video is hilarious, then I get a little bit of parent guilt for laughing at the peril of the kid, then I go back to being a guy and laughing my ass off!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

xSilverPhinx

It's amusing how oblivious the kid is.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: McQ on May 04, 2012, 09:10:25 PM
Quote from: Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism on May 04, 2012, 08:31:49 PM

This made me genuinely laugh out loud!

I keep thinking this video is hilarious, then I get a little bit of parent guilt for laughing at the peril of the kid, then I go back to being a guy and laughing my ass off!

Nah, I'm sure that plexiglass has been thoroughly tested. And it's not like the kid was upset. The only one who was suffering was the lion.  :D 
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

markmcdaniel

Think about the poor Lion. Its probable going to need years and years of therapy for its new inferiority complex and its Plexiglas phobia. I shudder to think what this trauma will do to the cat.
It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Tank

Quote from: markmcdaniel on May 17, 2012, 02:55:01 PM
Think about the poor Lion. Its probable going to need years and years of therapy for its new inferiority complex and its Plexiglas phobia. I shudder to think what this trauma will do to the cat.
I agree. I think the Lion is the victim here :)

Amicale

If I said that big cat wasn't hungry, I'd be lion!

Cute video! The kid was like, 'ooooooo...' just watching it try to maul him to bits.  :D just totally oblivious, so awesome. I bet the little guy thought the lion was trying to play with him, or something.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Hector Valdez

One time I actually got inside the Orangutan park at the San Antonio Zoo. I was about eighteen, and a bit tipsy.