News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Go Awwwww you lose!

Started by Tank, February 16, 2012, 02:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Amicale on February 22, 2012, 08:48:48 AM

Cute! I can't help but notice that in the second picture, the Dove soap is missing from the background. I wonder if it was used on the dogs...
I bet you do those 'two unmatched picture' quizzes in the papers?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

If you didn't go Awwwww you are a very bad person! This is a cute baby aardvark and its mummy loves it!

Ali

I'm a bad person.  I actually flinched when I saw the baby aardvark.  They grow hair or something eventually, right?  Scales?  Feathers?  Anything but that hairless expanse of pink skin?   :D

Tank

Quote from: Ali on February 22, 2012, 02:02:59 PM
I'm a bad person.  I actually flinched when I saw the baby aardvark.  They grow hair or something eventually, right?  Scales?  Feathers?  Anything but that hairless expanse of pink skin?   :D
It gets hair as it grows up.

Tank

Tank

It wouldn't be so calm if it knew what was coming next!

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on February 22, 2012, 01:17:21 PM
Definitely scaly but cute.

I don't think it's the cutest tortoise, maybe I should have searched cute tortoise instead of giant tortoise.
It's just that in the past I've anthropomorphised  (fuck off red squiggly line, you're wrong) venerability, wisdom, vulnerability all that combined with their reptilian good looks, I'm lost.

Tank

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on February 22, 2012, 01:58:49 PM

If you didn't go Awwwww you are a very bad person! This is a cute baby aardvark and its mummy loves it!

I'm a bad person -- I went "huh"?  I thought it was a mutant pig.

Quote from: Tank on February 22, 2012, 02:33:37 PM
Baby stoat

Baby stoat, on the other hand, is just precious.

Quote from: Tank on February 22, 2012, 02:16:39 PM
It wouldn't be so calm if it knew what was coming next!

And this just makes me sad.  I'm definitely going vegetarian.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ali

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on February 22, 2012, 02:28:39 PM
Quote from: Tank on February 22, 2012, 01:17:21 PM
Definitely scaly but cute.

I don't think it's the cutest tortoise, maybe I should have searched cute tortoise instead of giant tortoise.
It's just that in the past I've anthropomorphised  (fuck off red squiggly line, you're wrong) venerability, wisdom, vulnerability all that combined with their reptilian good looks, I'm lost.

I agree Pudding, I quite like giant tortoises.  One bit my foot 2 summers ago.  He didn't mean to though, I was the dolt standing right where he was eating grass.  He was named Methuselah, and he was 130 years old!  He died shortly thereafter.  I hope it wasn't my foot that did him in. 

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/article_918d0964-abdb-11e0-8c6c-001cc4c03286.html

The Magic Pudding

I made a similar mistake with a sulphur crested cockatoo.
I prize my scar, I'll share it if there is ever a share your animal inflicted scar thread.

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on February 22, 2012, 01:16:48 PM
Quote from: Amicale on February 22, 2012, 08:48:48 AM

Cute! I can't help but notice that in the second picture, the Dove soap is missing from the background. I wonder if it was used on the dogs...
I bet you do those 'two unmatched picture' quizzes in the papers?

Actually, I do!  ;D

However, you made me go Awwwww at the baby stoat!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Dobermonster

Tank